Another tough day of bass fishing in Northwestern Washington..

Started by Pacific NW Ron, September 19, 2018, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Bite was still tough today, but we did have a beautiful sunrise.  Water has cooled off some but still no big feeding frenzy.  One bite and one fish.
Had to cut the day short due to the floating islands.
Weather and water conditions for today's Bass Fishing outing
Time:  6:45am to 1pm
Temperature: Start-  48  End-  63
Weather:  Scattered clouds
Water:  Visibility-   10"  Temperature-  62 to 64
Wind:  No wind to start the day till around noon then approximately 2mph with gusts to 5mph
See the full report about the day and the hazards of floating islands at this link:
http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fishing-forum/index.php?topic=144108.0
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

zippyduck

Ron,

It really is a tough month. Its the 19th and you just got a limit. I still only have 3 fish. and not one Cool caster over 80 inches.

At least the weather has started to cool down.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Donald Garner

Ron, congrats on that (1) catch there  ~c~  That's for sharing those pictures with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pacific NW Ron

Quote from: zippyduck on September 19, 2018, 06:31:17 PM
Ron,

It really is a tough month. Its the 19th and you just got a limit. I still only have 3 fish. and not one Cool caster over 80 inches.

At least the weather has started to cool down.
Yes it has been a tough month.  I didn't fish at all last week because of weather conditions.  I don't mess with lightning.  Typically for us September is a good month.  I'll probably only have two more outings before I head to Kansas for a week.  Maybe I can finish it off better down there.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?