My Issues. Updated.

Started by D.W. Verts, November 11, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.W. Verts

I'd like to tell everybody how great I'm doing, but seriously I'm still having problems. On the flip side, I think that I am improving. I've been lifting some weights this fall, and started a more serious and organized program a week or so ago that involves serious (for me) cardio work. My thinkin' is that if I can get rid of sixty pounds or so that'll I'll probably be much happier.

So far, the treadmill stuff, while hurting my bad ankle/back, etc. has been SUCCESSFUL. Meaning that I'm going the distance time-wise and getting my pulse rate up to where it needs to be. When I'm finished with a workout, I feel good (thank God for endorphins).

A lot of my weight lifting has been core work, trying to get back some of my overall strength and hopefully helping out my back pain. And I think it's working. A little, anyway.

Dale
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

FloridaFishinFool

Thanks for the inspiration Dale!

I also need to follow your lead...
Words are the exercise for the brain. Words are life expressed... without words we die a slow meaningless death. Silence to the grave is no way to go! So live! Use words! Power of the pen is sharper than any sword! Make it so! Mom said don't surround yourself with idiots! Fly higher than the Eagles... and don't run with the turkeys! Deus Vult!

zippyduck

Keep it up and the fishing will be so much easier.
Sounds like a good start of your plan.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Mike Cork

Dale we've started a biggest looser type contest in the contest board. You should join up with us. I think there are only two of us right now.

I need to drop about 20 pounds, doing so isn't going to help my issues but it will make me feel better. I've gotten slugish lately and I hate that.

So power on, and know you're not alone, there is another fat guy that hurts like hell trying just as hard as you ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Good for you Dale and just keep on doing what your doing and you will feel better . ~bb

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Mike Cork on November 12, 2018, 01:45:42 PM
Dale we've started a biggest looser type contest in the contest board. You should join up with us. I think there are only two of us right now.

I need to drop about 20 pounds, doing so isn't going to help my issues but it will make me feel better. I've gotten slugish lately and I hate that.

So power on, and know you're not alone, there is another fat guy that hurts like hell trying just as hard as you ~c~
Well I guess that makes at least 3 of us. I've got over 100 pounds to lose now and the steroids are making it hard but I ain't giving up. We can all do this.

Sent from my LG-H932 (LG V30 Plus) using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

D.W. Verts

I'll do it of Smallie does it....!
Old School Bass Fishin' with D.W. Verts on YOUTUBE!
Solar Bat Sunglasses Pro Staff

DocIrv

Okay, fellow fat fishermen, I need to join this group of rotundos. I have not gotten back on my rowbike for a while and need to get back to it even though I feel like not doing anything more strenuous than a crossword puzzle while lying in bed. So, I will forthwith head to the smelly room with the "boy you are getting heavy" scale and read the numbers. Unlike my investments which have gone in the direction I hope my weight goes, I am sure I am more than the 230 I topped off at a few months ago. Strangely, I can sit and pedal my Hobie Outback all day while fishing and feel great... until I get out of it and have to walk.....   ~b~
UB members get a 20% discount. Use the coupon code UB20 during check out. If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
*But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I ret