Korea bass fishing report - Andong Lake - 1st & 2nd Sept 18

Started by Bassinkorea, September 06, 2018, 06:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Fished an open tournament with my daughter on Sunday 2nd Sept.
We arrived midday on Saturday 1st Sept and fished for a few hours. We quickly found a good pattern catch several bass in the 14 ~ 17 inch size range throwing hollow body frogs right on the edges of the banks in the grass in the rising water.

Weather - Sunny with some cloud cover and some wind
Water level - Rising fast with a little stain in the shallows (this lake is usually crystal clear)

Sunday / tournament day.
Went to our first spot and quickly hooked into a decnt bass, but it through the frog before I could land it.
No more bites for a couple of hours, by which time my teenage daughter was getting tired and not feeling so good, so we called it a day and headed home early.

Weather - Sunny with no cloud cover and no wind
Water level - Rising fast with a little stain in the shallows (this lake is usually crystal clear)

Photos - click here
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 06, 2018, 06:42:26 PM
Fished an open tournament with my daughter on Sunday 2nd Sept.
We arrived midday on Saturday 1st Sept and fished for a few hours. We quickly found a good pattern catch several bass in the 14 ~ 17 inch size range throwing hollow body frogs right on the edges of the banks in the grass in the rising water.

Weather - Sunny with some cloud cover and some wind

Sunday / tournament day.
Went to our first spot and quickly hooked into a decnt bass, but it through the frog before I could land it.
No more bites for a couple of hours, by which time my teenage daughter was getting tired and not feeling so good, so we called it a day and headed home early.

Weather - Sunny with no cloud cover and no wind

Photos - click here
Thanks for the report Steve and you had a good time fishing with your teenage daughter and you did catch some fish on Saturday, ~c~ ~c~ Sorry that bass got off. Did y'all get any fish in the boat?

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Bassinkorea

Not in the tournament no. But we had a great weekend together!!

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 06, 2018, 06:59:25 PM
Not in the tournament no. But we had a great weekend together!!
That's all that matters y'all had a great time and sorry you didn't land any fish on tournament  :'( Well as much as I hat to do this here you go this one had your name on it.  lo lo

Bassinkorea

Lipripper

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 06, 2018, 07:09:27 PM
Ouch......I should have seen that coming   ~b~
~roflmao ~roflmao You know I couldn't let you throw the hook like that Bass did.  ;D

Bassinkorea

cport

Quote from: Bassinkorea on September 06, 2018, 07:09:27 PM
Ouch......I should have seen that coming   ~b~
Quote from: Lipripper on September 06, 2018, 07:12:34 PM
~roflmao ~roflmao You know I couldn't let you throw the hook like that Bass did.  ;D
At least mean ol' Lipripper and his diabolical sidekick The Printer showed mercy on your daughter.
11lb 2 oz PB 🎣

Mike Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: cport on September 07, 2018, 09:24:39 AM
At least mean ol' Lipripper and his diabolical sidekick The Printer showed mercy on your daughter.
See I'm not all bad   lo lo