Korea bass fishing report - Nakdong River - 13th & 14th Oct 18

Started by Bassinkorea, October 17, 2018, 06:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Exactly one week after the Busan area was hit by a typhoon, I was thinking the river might have had enough time to clear up. The water levels were back to normal but the water was still the color of chocolate milk.

The only lure we could get any bites on were chatterbaits.

Water temps were were right around 65*

Lots of tiny bass and a couple in the 12 ~ 14" size range. Might try again this coming weekend.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Donald Garner

Steve, tks for sharing the trip with us and congrats on the catching.  Hopefully the bigger ones will be more active this weekend.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Pacific NW Ron

Thanks for the report.  At least you caught something, more than I did today.  Good luck to you next trip.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Mike Cork

Thanks for the report, after a major front such as a hurricane the bigger fish can be much harder to find. Congrats on catching a few. A chatterbait is an excellent choice in the muddy water too. What color were you using? Just curious...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 18, 2018, 10:33:39 AM
Thanks for the report, after a major front such as a hurricane the bigger fish can be much harder to find. Congrats on catching a few. A chatterbait is an excellent choice in the muddy water too. What color were you using? Just curious...

I was actually using an old Vibrashock (only got two left). The original skirt was long gone and I had put on a white,  chartruse and blue skirt. Also added a small white 4" swimbait.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

Gotta love the original Vibrashock. The company was sold but still makes them :-*

Mike Noble's favorite color skirt for Toledo Bend was white chartreuse and blue, didn't matter what color the water, that was the skirt he'd throw.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Steve and glad you were able to catch something in that chocolate milk water. I still have a couple of them shocks left also.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet