Suson Park 10-17-18

Started by the_huber_show, October 18, 2018, 09:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_huber_show

Fished: 4:30pm-6:45pm
Temps: 63*-54*
Winds: 7kn SW
Water Temp: 77*

(above is from the fishing forecast off Fishbrain)

Area worked in red

So I was super excited to fish yesterday!  It had been a couple weeks since my last time out and I thought for sure the fall bite would be among us.

Started off with a chartruese z man chatterbait with a grub tail trailer (wanted to cover water).  For about 20 mins or so really working the bank and out deeper in this cove.  After no bites I moved to a black and blue underspin with a blue creature style bait.  Again worked the areas and nothing.  At this point my hype and confidence was dwindling.  I thought ok let's move to something I know will work....Good ole Texas Rig.  Used a Yum worm with curly tail black and blue as the water is dirty less then a half foot viability.  At this point of still no bites I say  ~xyz it let's throw something I wouldn't normally throw or don't use a lot!

I tied on a spro frog and a black 75 Whopper Plopper.  To my surprise I had the same luck  :bang :st:) :roll2:

Defenity a frustrating time but me and the misses had fun being with each other doing something we love.

I can say no one else was pulling fish out either. 

A few things I noticed:
-fish were close to the banks (I saw more this time than last)

Look close you can see this little guy above a rock
-Lots and LOTS of moss

I did see what looked to be a decent pound or two bass by the bank under the bridge.  Tried getting him to bite but nope he told me to  ^-^ off  ;D

End of the story.....Now Lip break out the printer as I keep my title of Skunk Master  PoPo
Fishbrain: The_Huber_Show

Mike Cork

All that sea wall looks awesome. I can't imagine how many bass use that to corral bream to eat. But I think yesterday was just a bad day to be on the water all over the country.

Thanks for the great report ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

the_huber_show

Quote from: Mike Cork on October 18, 2018, 10:49:13 AM
All that sea wall looks awesome. I can't imagine how many bass use that to corral bream to eat. But I think yesterday was just a bad day to be on the water all over the country.

Thanks for the great report ~c~

This park def has some great spots that should have plenty of bass!  From the sea wall to a concrete wall with rock under it to coves with timber to coves with grass.

Hopefully this weekend will produce a bite or catch!

Capt. BassinLou

Appreciate the report. That location has potential.  :-* Good luck on your next outing!!

the_huber_show

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 18, 2018, 12:28:52 PM
Appreciate the report. That location has potential.  :-* Good luck on your next outing!!

I really think so too!  I know it get's a LOT of pressure but I am determined to figure it out.

I am really learning as I go.  Only really been bass fishing for the last 6 months or so

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: the_huber_show on October 18, 2018, 12:45:46 PM

I really think so too!  I know it get's a LOT of pressure but I am determined to figure it out.

I am really learning as I go.  Only really been bass fishing for the last 6 months or so
Your persistence will pay off soon

the_huber_show

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 18, 2018, 12:46:59 PM
Your persistence will pay off soon

I hope so!  It's gonna drive me to  ~beer~

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: the_huber_show on October 18, 2018, 02:33:35 PM
I hope so!  It's gonna drive me to  ~beer~

Nah... try using some finesse techniques. I fish a pressured spot myself. Down size your line, hook,weight, and bait. Throw a zoom centipede, or finesse worm, 8-10lb copoly, (or 10lb braid) with a 1/32 or 1/16 weight, 2/0 hook max 3/0. You can thank me later.  lo lo

the_huber_show

Quote from: Bassinlou on October 18, 2018, 03:26:05 PM
Nah... try using some finesse techniques. I fish a pressured spot myself. Down size your line, hook,weight, and bait. Throw a zoom centipede, or finesse worm, 8-10lb copoly, (or 10lb braid) with a 1/32 or 1/16 weight, 2/0 hook max 3/0. You can thank me later.  lo lo

I have a spinning rod set up for that.  I tried the ned rig for a little bit the last time I fished there.  It was my first time trying it and I have all the stuff for wacky just haven't tried it.  I'm always wanting to try other stuff I buy lol

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and y'all look like it was a little chilly out there. I feel your pain them dang fishkeep on us. at least you and the misses had fun. Well since you ask for it here ya go.

I'm guessing that the misses didn't catch anything either so I wouldn't want her to feel left out  lo lo

If she did catch something I can put out a recall on her's  ;D ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the trip with us.  Hopefully your next trip you'll get into them better.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

the_huber_show

Quote from: Lipripper on October 20, 2018, 11:17:38 AM
Thanks for the report and y'all look like it was a little chilly out there. I feel your pain them dang fishkeep on us. at least you and the misses had fun. Well since you ask for it here ya go.

I'm guessing that the misses didn't catch anything either so I wouldn't want her to feel left out  lo lo

If she did catch something I can put out a recall on her's  ;D ;D

Nope she def earned the skunk award also :)

Quote from: Donald Garner on October 20, 2018, 05:33:03 PM
Tks for sharing the trip with us.  Hopefully your next trip you'll get into them better.

Man I hope so too!