What's got you geeky this year?

Started by TheLastRodBender, February 18, 2019, 06:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastRodBender

Feb 18th, I've got the absolute itch to get on the water, and it's driving me crazy.  Every year I try to push myself to get better at something.  This year i'm focusing hard on Crankbaits.  I'm going to force myself to throw them every time I touch the water, even if it doesn't make a ton of sense.  I've always struggled getting confidence in throwing Cranks and it's probably punished me on some level or another.  I finished last fall with my final trip having a lot of success on a squarebill, so I want to carry that into other crankbait depths and techniques.

So I ask you VA fisherman (and anyone fishing VA waters, including the potomac),  what has you excited to get out this year?  Is this a new tech you wanna try?  Maybe trying to focus on something you used to do and left behind?  Maybe just excited to get back out there and throw the same thing you've been throwing for 20 years. 

Okcwaterfowler

I'm ready to see what Virginia bass fishing has to offer. Just moved here from Louisiana and the bass fishing is incredible down there. I'm around the hopewell area and have a boat so time will tell.

TheLastRodBender

Quote from: Okcwaterfowler on February 24, 2019, 08:22:50 PM
I'm ready to see what Virginia bass fishing has to offer. Just moved here from Louisiana and the bass fishing is incredible down there. I'm around the hopewell area and have a boat so time will tell.

WELCOME!   :-*

You're in a good spot.  The James has some good fishing going.  You're not too far from Lake Anna or Smith Mountain Lake, and you're still within a same day run of the Potomac!