FD is on the move

Started by FD, February 22, 2019, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on March 02, 2019, 04:42:10 AM
The inspections went well. 2 guys spent 3 hours and only found  a couple of minor things but that was expected.

We signed disclosures and a rate lock in so I think things are moving forward with the Credit Union. They haven't asked for anything in a few days.

Rick- I'm going with the CU where I have my commercial accounts.  I deal with the regional manager and He's leaning on the mortgage department so they don't jeopardize our "deposit relationship"(his words).

When you put 7 figures in a local CU every year for 10 years they really don't want to piss you off. 

Sent from the end of the paved road...
Ah great! So it should be a quick process! Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FD

A couple of pics from the most important "room" of the house

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Capt. BassinLou

Congrats Lee!! That is one heckuva of boat house!!

Deadeye

Dang Lee that place looks sweet!

I really like how they set it all up. I'm sure you will have many enjoyable days and nights there for the rest of your life, Really Really Happy for you.

Bud Kennedy

Absolutely wonderful.   "The fruits of your labor are the sweetest fruits of all "

Captsteve

congratulations

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Wow!

Looks great! I would never get my wife in the house if I lived there.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Lipripper

Lee that's a sharp looking place.  ~c~ ~c~ That looks like a great place to have a get together.  ;D

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

SFL BassHunter

That's awesome FD looks amazing!!

Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

FD

Quote from: Lipripper on March 02, 2019, 10:13:43 AM
Lee that's a sharp looking place.  ~c~ ~c~ That looks like a great place to have a get together.  ;D

I'm thinking the same thing Lip!

FlatsNBay

It looks like the dock and deck are in great shape. Congrats FD. I wonder how the airboat noise will be at night? When I used to live on the North end of Okeechobee I was woken up often.

FD

Quote from: FlatsNBay on March 09, 2019, 07:13:06 PM
It looks like the dock and deck are in great shape. Congrats FD. I wonder how the airboat noise will be at night? When I used to live on the North end of Okeechobee I was woken up often.
I asked the same question to the current owner after staying at Camp Mack several times. He said you can hear them on the weekend if you're outside but being on the canal with the master suite on the side away from the main lake you don't hear them inside. We will see...

It's been over a week since I've heard from the bank. I guess I swamped them with paper last time. Everything is done except the appraisal and final approval. It's a waiting game now and I'm told that no news is good news. Target closing is 4 weeks from today!

SFL BassHunter

Hopefully the owner didn't lie to you about the airboat noise. Those things are obnoxious!

Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

It's amazing how when the Bank and CU's want something from you they want it NOW, but are in no hurry to finish things up for you.

I would suspect that after a while you won't even notice them, same as folks that live by a train, Highway, or airport.

I visited some friends years ago that had a house where the road was cut off when the Interstate was put through. The road now ended at their place. The noise from the passing Trucks was crazy loud to me, but they didn't even notice it anymore.

But I remember listening to those Airboats at GH and yes they are LOUD and out running all night!

big g

What a great looking place!  I hope you two have many years of happiness in your new dwelling! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FD

Yesterday was a busy day. The appraisal was ordered by the bank and I paid for it.

I received a new list of demands from the terrorists who are between me and my new lake house.

You were right Rick, some of the list is crap I have already sent them at least once.

The rest of the list concerns me on many levels. Apparently the "Permanent Record" we were threatened with as kids is REAL!  They have some "internal report" that has things on it from decades ago that I barely remember and I'm having to explain and document.

Fred, I need to borrow one of your tin foil hats. Big Brother IS watching everything we do and that scares the crap out of me.

SFL BassHunter

I'm telling you. They scrutinize everything ever since the housing market crash. Problem is during all that scrutinizing a lot of the bank statements and money type of paper work they had you fill out will expire and they will want new ones. This will happen over and over again.
Hopefully once you clear these things up you'll be good to go and won't need to resend them all the proof that you have the money and credit to buy the place.

Florida Bass Fishing

Deadeye

Quote from: FD on March 14, 2019, 05:14:41 AM
Yesterday was a busy day. The appraisal was ordered by the bank and I paid for it.

I received a new list of demands from the terrorists who are between me and my new lake house.

You were right Rick, some of the list is crap I have already sent them at least once.

The rest of the list concerns me on many levels. Apparently the "Permanent Record" we were threatened with as kids is REAL!  They have some "internal report" that has things on it from decades ago that I barely remember and I'm having to explain and document.

Fred, I need to borrow one of your tin foil hats. Big Brother IS watching everything we do and that scares the crap out of me.

Lee I might have a few extra laying around....... Maybe.  ~roflmao

We went through the same BS when we Re-Financed a few years back. Same Bank as we have had for all but the first 2 years we've had the home. Took months to get done.

Finally we had enough and discussed our next move. When they called to ask for more information I told them "ok but this is it. Either Approve Us or Don't I no longer care. There are several others that are asking for our money". 

It was Approved the next day.

Bud Kennedy

I have had a few mortgages in my life and they were as simple as a phone call and an appraisal.  I guess those days are gone.  We were seriously considering a lake house at Santee last summer and I would have to get a mortgage.  After reviewing the process with a couple lenders, I just told them to forget it.  My business that I sold was mostly with banking organizations and I do have a ton of contacts but in today's world that does not matter I guess.  We just decided to renovate our existing home and forget about the lake house.  At my age a mortgage isn't something I want to have hanging over my head. 

FD

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on March 14, 2019, 09:55:03 AM
I have had a few mortgages in my life and they were as simple as a phone call and an appraisal.  I guess those days are gone.  We were seriously considering a lake house at Santee last summer and I would have to get a mortgage.  After reviewing the process with a couple lenders, I just told them to forget it.  My business that I sold was mostly with banking organizations and I do have a ton of contacts but in today's world that does not matter I guess.  We just decided to renovate our existing home and forget about the lake house.  At my age a mortgage isn't something I want to have hanging over my head.

During most of my career a handshake was a contract between men with integrity.  Those days are gone. During this whole process I have never been face to face and have only had two brief phone conversations. I didn't even use a pen to sign. Everything has been via email with electronic signatures.

FD

I sent the third round of paper to them on Friday.

Now we're back to waiting and waiting and waiting.

Fortunately I'm slammed at work with a high profile Luxury RV Park in Bradenton. We were sent in to get it back on schedule and it's taking up 18 hours of my days.

Deadeye

At least that will keep your mind busy for awhile.

Lee I noticed you haven't responded in the Central Florida Meet and Greet, you interested in going? Right now it looks like it has been narrowed down to either Toho or Tenoroc and leanin hard toward Tenoroc.

Daye looks like April 13th. Be good to see you again my friend.

Edited to say I just seen where you posted in the M&G thread.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: FD on March 20, 2019, 05:39:36 AM
I sent the third round of paper to them on Friday.

Now we're back to waiting and waiting and waiting.

Fortunately I'm slammed at work with a high profile Luxury RV Park in Bradenton. We were sent in to get it back on schedule and it's taking up 18 hours of my days.

That's just ridiculous! Its such an annoying process.

Florida Bass Fishing

BarryFL

It's like this because 1/2 our population is dishonest as f.....

Anytime you have to go through BS like this, it's because your neighbors are gaming the system.

The older I get, the less I like people, in general.

~Barry~

~Barry~

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: TR21FL on March 20, 2019, 07:22:32 PM
It's like this because 1/2 our population is dishonest as f.....

Anytime you have to go through BS like this, it's because your neighbors are gaming the system.

The older I get, the less I like people, in general.

~Barry~
Yup and I've learned that at an early age. Lol.
I do prefer dogs over humans. It's sad really.

Florida Bass Fishing