My TR-185 photos......just because

Started by Bassinkorea, March 24, 2019, 06:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

I've been working quite a bit on my TR-185 recently.
List of jobs;

1. Added a strengthening bar to my console behind the dash panel. It had been very weak for quite a few years since I upgraded from cable steering to power steering (the larger boss needed a lot of structure GRP removal) and the steering wheel would flex up and down
2. Due to the above, the black dash cawl started to crack in several places. So I replaced the entire black section
3. Whilst doing the above, I mounted my HDS-9 in the dash to help tidy things up around the console
4. I also fully rewired all the electronics and installed an All-in-Charge system to keep the batteries topped off during the motoring around (no real photos of the wiring)

Got her out on the water Saturday to test everything out and all is good, except now my kill switch isn't working. I must have knocked a wire off whilst I was running cables for the re-wiring.

Sent from my SM-G955N using Tapatalk

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Donald Garner

She looks great ~c~  Tks for sharing the pictures with us.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bassinkorea

Thank you Don, Rodney and Jim. Quite a bit of blood sweet and cuss words went into the mods  lol

SteveTX

Oh how I wish my dash looked this nice. Congrats on a job well done.

Bassinkorea

Quote from: SteveTX on March 24, 2019, 11:00:50 PM
Oh how I wish my dash looked this nice. Congrats on a job well done.

Thank you Steve.
I had a local shop cut the aluminum plate to suit the HDS-9 and the two gauges. I just need another smaller plate to cover up all the holes on the right side of the console where the HDS was previously mounted and I'll be happy.

Capt. BassinLou

Very nice Steve!!  ~c~ Very streamlined console. Having that SC system helps.

Oldfart9999

Quote from: Bassinkorea on March 24, 2019, 10:55:02 PM
Thank you Don, Rodney and Jim. Quite a bit of blood sweet and cuss words went into the mods  lol
Isn't that the way everything goes? If I don't come away from a project with bleeding somewhere I know something's not right. lo lo ::) ;)
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet