FL Bass Talk (June 2019)

Started by Capt. BassinLou, May 30, 2019, 07:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

It's D day. The day the Scorpion MGL goes bye bye, and the day I got shipping confirmation of my newest addition from Japan. Also, the rod and stuff shipped yesterday. Now, I sit and wait

<")))>{

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 13, 2019, 05:51:11 AM
It's D day. The day the Scorpion MGL goes bye bye, and the day I got shipping confirmation of my newest addition from Japan. Also, the rod and stuff shipped yesterday. Now, I sit and wait

<")))>{

:toot: ... woohoo!! For me I mean.....  ~roflmao  ~beer~

big g

Your amazing!  I have been fishing over 50 years now and have never known another guy with such a love for reels.  Especially since I'm using reels over 10 years old!  Lol love your obsession.  Your definitely a reel expert!
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on June 13, 2019, 11:20:31 AM
Your amazing!  I have been fishing over 50 years now and have never known another guy with such a love for reels.  Especially since I'm using reels over 10 years old!  Lol love your obsession.  Your definitely a reel expert!
George... that reel is mine now actually, although Matt just bought it, ... so I can understand the confusion.

big g

It won't take long the replacement will be in his hands soon, I'm sure! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on June 13, 2019, 12:35:18 PM
Actually his  replacement reel is already on it's way... ... but I will let him explain his new addition.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: big g on June 13, 2019, 12:35:18 PM

Can we say Bantam?  ~c~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

My upgraded all the hooks on my $2 Cordell Traps.

SFL BassHunter

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 13, 2019, 03:26:59 PM
My upgraded all the hooks on my $2 Cordell Traps.

Those are the best! I love my Cordell's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PB: 6lbs 5oz / 24.25 inches.
Rods/Reels Dobyns, 13 Fishing, Cabelas Arachnid, Daiwa Tatula CT, Tatula SVTW, Tatula Tactical, Tatula Type R
Florida Bass Fishing

big g

I have three of the four.  The gar love them!

Canesfan

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 12, 2019, 07:03:39 AM
I took a plunge and ordered a rod for the new reel coming. Went with a 7'2 H Phenix M1. After all, cant have this fancy reel without a matching fancy rod, right?

My LSCR is a Phenix. You will love it.

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Canesfan on June 13, 2019, 06:36:40 PM
My LSCR is a Phenix. You will love it.
I have one that's a Phenix as well.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Got the Phenix rod in the mail today, and its pretty dang sweet. Ive got the 14Scorpion spooled up with 20lb Stren to use Sunday morning. Now, I just have to be patient for the new reel to arrive. Its OK though, because I love my 14Scorpion.  :)

FlatsNBay

Anybody use BIG swimbaits in Florida? I'm not talking Skinny Dippers or EZ Swimmers, I mean big baits.  I asked the question a while ago. I know that Rick has since tried them out. How bout it Rick? Your thoughts? Anybody else? I had a bad experience in trying one of the big soft line through swimbaits. The dang thing ripped apart during the first trip.

I'm thinking of trying some River2Sea S Wavers in the 168 and 200 size. I'm not sure what colors to go with for Florida fishing. I may also try a big floating swimbait for waking.

It's the one technique that I'm not experienced with so I'd like to learn. Of course, budget is important and I don't want to break the bank!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: FlatsNBay on June 14, 2019, 05:26:41 PM
Anybody use BIG swimbaits in Florida? I'm not talking Skinny Dippers or EZ Swimmers, I mean big baits.  I asked the question a while ago. I know that Rick has since tried them out. How bout it Rick? Your thoughts? Anybody else? I had a bad experience in trying one of the big soft line through swimbaits. The dang thing ripped apart during the first trip.

I'm thinking of trying some River2Sea S Wavers in the 168 and 200 size. I'm not sure what colors to go with for Florida fishing. I may also try a big floating swimbait for waking.

It's the one technique that I'm not experienced with so I'd like to learn. Of course, budget is important and I don't want to break the bank!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Other than the baits you mentioned above Flats, I can honestly say no. I still have a big LT Gold shiner swimbait, that I still haven't taken it out of its packaging. I sure wish manbearpig was still around. He fished big swim baits ALOT!! That lure takes dedication to throw. But when a bass decides to hit that a big swimbait, its going to be a PIG!!

BarryFL

I have used Gambler GZ and Zoom Magnum Flukes. Both are 7in +. 14in Bass will hit both.

~Barry~
~Barry~

LgMouthGambler

Got me some new shoes to wear on the boat for Fathers day.

LgMouthGambler

See Lou? Lol!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on June 16, 2019, 04:51:07 AM
See Lou? Lol!

They finally paid the power the bill...  ~roflmao 8)

Deadeye

Quote from: Deadeye on June 11, 2019, 07:44:50 AM
Sweet. I'll see if the wife will let me have a day of from the Remodel we are doing, LOL.

BTW I got a Spincast Outfit I can let you borrow.  ~roflmao

Y'all probably figured I was joking about the remodel, wasn't.

We took down one wall entirely, took up all the floors, took off the popcorn ceiling. Now to start on putting the new stuff on/down.

We plan to re-paint the ceiling and walls, and put new hardwood flooring down throughout the entire house.

The 3 bedrooms and their hall and guest bath has already been done but the floors. Next is the master bedroom.

After we get it all done we will need to make a decision. Are we staying or sell it and move?

The hospital System the wife works for is building a new one below Orlando. She is thinking of transferring to it.

That will put us closer to the grandkids if we buy closer towards the east side. Also will put me closer to the Kissimmee Chain which is not a bad thing.

Some pics so far.

What a mess that popcorn makes.

With the wall down.

Got new ceiling fans and lights coming. Lots of work yet to be done.

Mama said that after we get the wall patched and painted I need to take a break and go fishing. I didn't argue.

Capt. BassinLou

Remodeling is no easy task, but.... when everything is said and done the change gives your place a very nice face lift. Good luck with the remodel Fred. I'm sure the house will come out looking great.  ~beer~

LgMouthGambler

Well, at least I got to play with my Scorpions, because the fish didnt really want to play.

Capt. BassinLou

How did the Scorpion 70 perform for you?

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: Bassinlou on June 16, 2019, 11:36:29 AM
How did the Scorpion 70 perform for you?
Did good. Using it for tossing bigger topwaters baits with 12lb Stren. Didnt get a fish on it though. For now I've decided not to sell it.