Rough River Bass Fishing League 1 July 2019

Started by Mike Cork, July 01, 2019, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Rough River Bass Fishing League 1 July 2019

OHIO'S CAMPBELL WINS T-H MARINE FLW BASS FISHING LEAGUE TOURNAMENT ON ROUGH RIVER LAKE PRESENTED BY NAVIONICS
Campbell Wins Third BFL Event of 2019 Season – Hamilton's Sykes Earns Co-Angler Title
FALLS OF ROUGH, Ky. (July 1, 2019) – Boater Brody Campbell of Oxford, Ohio, won the rescheduled T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League (BFL) Hoosier Division tournament on Rough River Lake presented by Navionics Sunday after catching four bass weighing 7 pounds, 13 ounces. Campbell earned $5,703 for his win.
"I should have won the BFL tournament on Saturday as well, but I had a few dead fish penalties – it was very hot – and I finished second," said Campbell, who earned his third BFL victory of the season on Sunday. "I went back out on a mission.
"I started the day targeting early-morning schooling fish by the dam for an hour or so, then I ran up to the North Fork area and flipped flooded willow bushes," Campbell said. "I caught around 20 fish in that first hour, but there were a lot of little ones. North Fork was a lot tougher, and I only had three or four bites there."
Campbell said he threw a Heddon Zara Spook and a fluke while targeting the schooling fish, then flipped a green-pumpkin-colored Strike King Rodent and a ½-ounce peanut butter and jelly-colored jig with a green-pumpkin Strike King Rage Craw trailer to the willow bushes.
"I think the key to my victory was just capitalizing on the bites that I did get," Campbell went on to say. "I was around fish, but I only had four or five keeper bites all day. It was tough, it was hot. And it was important that I landed every keeper fish that bit."
The top 10 boaters finished the tournament in:
              1st:          Brody Campbell, Oxford, Ohio, four bass, 7-13, $3,703 + $2,000 Ranger Cup Bonus
              2nd:         Bob Drake, Noblesville, Ind., four bass, 7-4, $1,602
              3rd:         Bryce Kalen, Greenwood, Ind., two bass, 6-10, $1,401
              4th:         Matt McCoy, Indianapolis, Ind., three bass, 6-7, $931
              5th:         Doug Ruster, New Palestine, Ind., three bass, 6-4, $641
              6th:         Chris Gable, Hopkinsville, Ky., three bass, 5-14, $646
              7th:         Jake Morris, McKee, Ky., three bass, 5-7, $451
              8th:         Marty Sisk, Evansville, Ind., three bass, 5-6, $405
              9th:         Jimmy Shepherd, Indianapolis, Ind., four bass, 5-4, $360
              10th:       Todd Hensley, New Albany, Ind., three bass, 5-3, $315
Complete results can be found at FLWFishing.com.
Kalen caught a bass weighing 4 pounds, 12 ounces – the heaviest of the event in the Boater Division – and earned the day's Boater Big Bass award of $300.
Ryan Sykes of Hamilton, Ohio, won the Co-angler Division and $1,547 Sunday after catching four bass weighing 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
The top 10 co-anglers were:
              1st:          Ryan Sykes, Hamilton, Ohio, four bass, 7-14, $1,547
              2nd:         Mark Dehart, Brownstown, Ind., four bass, 6-8, $674
              3rd:         Jordan Loveless, Indianapolis, Ind., three bass, 5-0, $381
              3rd:         Gary Critser, Covington, Ind., two bass, 5-0, $526
              5th:         John Young, Franklin, Ind., three bass, 4-15, $269
              6th:         Leroy Miller, Napoleon, Ohio, two bass, 4-4, $247
              7th:         Mark Redman, Pendleton, Ky., two bass, 3-15, $213
              7th:         Bo Bivins, Evansville, Ind., two bass, 3-15, $213
              9th:         Michael Dehart, Franklin, Ind., two bass, 3-11, $180
              10th:       Brant Gish, Evansville, Ind., two bass, 3-10, $157
The top 45 boaters and co-anglers in the region based on point standings, along with the five winners in each qualifying event, will be entered in the Oct. 17-19 BFL Regional Championship presented by Evinrude on Kentucky Lake in Paris, Tennessee. Boaters will compete for a top award of a Ranger Z518L with a 200-horsepower outboard and $20,000, while co-anglers will fish for a new Ranger Z518L with a 200-horsepower outboard.
The 2019 BFL is a 24-division circuit devoted to weekend anglers, with 128 tournaments throughout the season, five qualifying events in each division. The top 45 boaters and co-anglers from each division, along with the five winners of the qualifying events, will advance to one of six regional tournaments where they are competing to finish in the top six, which then qualifies them for one of the longest-running championships in all of competitive bass fishing – the BFL All-American. The 2020 BFL All-American will be held April 30-May 2 at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, South Carolina, and is hosted by Visit Anderson. Top performers in the BFL can move up to the Costa FLW Series or even the FLW Tour.
For complete details and updated information visit FLWFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow the T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League on FLW's social media outlets at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service