Congrats to the Lockett Lures Charter Member giveaway winners

Started by mygreenihc, July 11, 2019, 03:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygreenihc

I wanted to take a minute and say congratulations to the 5 winners of this months Charter member only contest.  The following people each won a baits of their choice.  Kind of like shopping and not having to pay.  =)

Congratulations guys!

BarryFL
BassinLou
Aplenland01
Smallie Stalker
Stren G

Let us know what you ordered and how you like them.

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you mygreenihc. I decided to go with the 7" Black red flake Eel. That tail looks very tantalizing for our swampy waters of South FL. :)

Smallie_Stalker

I chose the 3.8 inch Psycho Shad in Ayu. It will be at least 4 more weeks of PT until I will be able to fish again but as soon as I can you all will see a review.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

mygreenihc

BassinLou,  I like those worms.  I use ribbon tail worms mostly as texas rigged or Carolina rigged worms simple because they have a little more movement while fishing very slow.  Let us know how you like them once you get to use them.

Smallie,  I have gotten to where I use this type of bait on a regular basis now.  After looking around on Lockett's website,  these are much cheaper that the Strike king Rage Swimmer and especially the Kietech brand,  and is the exact same bait.  These work great for an Alabama rig,  but also for a jighead.  There is a lot of action in that style bait.

thanks for the pictures and input.

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: mygreenihc on July 12, 2019, 10:44:24 AM
BassinLou,  I like those worms.  I use ribbon tail worms mostly as texas rigged or Carolina rigged worms simple because they have a little more movement while fishing very slow.  Let us know how you like them once you get to use them.

Smallie,  I have gotten to where I use this type of bait on a regular basis now.  After looking around on Lockett's website,  these are much cheaper that the Strike king Rage Swimmer and especially the Kietech brand,  and is the exact same bait.  These work great for an Alabama rig,  but also for a jighead.  There is a lot of action in that style bait.

thanks for the pictures and input.

When I look at these types of baits the first thing I look at is the section between the body and the tail. I have a few different brands of this type of bait and on most of the others that section is fatter and they don't have a lot of tail action on a slow retrieve. On the Lockett Lures Psycho Shad that section is much thinner. I'm guessing they are going to move a lot of water regardless of how fast or slow you fish them.

Capt. BassinLou

I'm all set for tomorrow's outing, this guy will make its debut...

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Bassinlou on July 12, 2019, 06:22:55 PM
I'm all set for tomorrow's outing, this guy will make its debut...

That looks good Lou! Hope to see pics of many catches.   ~bb

mygreenihc

That is a good looking worm.  It would probably catch me...  =)

Good luck!