Waccamaw River near Bucksport

Started by Bud Kennedy, July 15, 2019, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Kennedy

Launched first light during dead low tide.  The river is down quite a bit from what it had been plus my trip today began of low tide.  I did notice a number of floaters today.  Mostly Cypress logs.  The stumps along the edges of the river were also visible and it has been a while since we have seen that.  Water temp 85 and like always the water visibility 6" to 12" depending upon where you are. 

Only fish caught were a couple mudfish and that was first thing this morning.  No other bites the balance of the morning.  Baits used today was a popper, a chatterbait and a squarebill.  Did not mess with any plastics today as the sun was now over the trees and the heat is getting bad so we put it back on the trailer.  I wanted to fish some of the creeks but not able to do that at low tide in a bass boat.

Mike Cork

Thanks for the report Bud, when you are fun fishing a good sized mud fish is a great pull :-*

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bud Kennedy

They were not all that big, I would say about 3 Lbs or so each.  My Dobyns 705CB let them know who was the boss but it was a pretty good battle.  I was able to release both of them without having to bring them in the boat.  Some mean critters thats for sure.

Capt. BassinLou

Those mudfish can fool you for a second or two in thinking you stuck a nice bass. Appreciate the report Bud, thank you for sharing.

SteveTX

Thanks Bud. Some fishing is better than no fishing.  ;D

Donald Garner

Bud, tks for sharing the trip with us.  At least you didn't get skunked  ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard