West Point

Started by jstrozier, September 17, 2018, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jstrozier

I moved here in March and got the Boat down last week. Its in the shop getting new electronics installed.

Apparently Yellow Jacket is a hot spot.

I fish the Upper Chesapeake Bay and Potomac. Completely different type of fisheries.

So any suggestions and tips would be of great help for West Point. Thank you!

Team OutCast

Mike Cork

Where in the state is West Point? I'm too lazy to look it up.

What in the world is a southern state going to do with a boy like you? I know there will be a lot of free pizza for one.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lipripper

Quote from: Mike Cork on September 17, 2018, 12:54:02 PM
Where in the state is West Point? I'm too lazy to look it up.

What in the world is a southern state going to do with a boy like you? I know there will be a lot of free pizza for one.
Mike it is South west of Atlanta right along the Alabama  and Ga line close to a nice size fishing lake..

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

mygreenihc

West Point Lake is a unique lake in that it is out in the middle of nowhere.  Lagrange is the closest thing to it and Lagrange is not very big.  The lake is fairly rural and there is not much buildup around the shoreline as far as houses go. 

I remember reading about a home owner on West Point walking out in his backyard last year with a rattle trap and landing one over 13 pounds.  You couldn't tell what he looked like because all that you could see was teeth.

Brad

basscat1

I fish it. It sucks... but it's the closest lake to me. Where do you live? There are better lakes depending on where your at. The lake used to be great, but since the stocking of stripers, it has gone down terribly. We are currently in talks with the DNR and the Corp trying to get a better lg mth stocking program going. BTW Yellow Jacket is good but seasonal just like the rest of the lake. The river is great in the fall and spring, Whitewater good in spring. Down lake is hit or miss but when you learn it you can catch them pretty good(no size though) Hope that helps. Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Ultimate Bass Discount use Code - UB10

jstrozier

I hope all is well Cork. Im out in Georgia now.

Basscat. I live in Lagrange

Team OutCast

senkofan1

What type of weight is it taking to wn tournaments at West point currently ? Have the large muth started moving up the creeks or are they still on main lake points ?