US 27 8/21/19 Short trip

Started by Capt. BassinLou, August 21, 2019, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. BassinLou

Slow work day, so I had a few hours to burn. I decided to run the boat some, launch by myself and get a feel of the boat with no one with me.  Got to the first ramp, entrance closed. Went to the 2nd, and both ramps look like crap, I had to launch by the ramp by the bend. Only one trailer there.

Boat slid off the trailer effortlessly, and was not too heavy maneuvering with a rope. The powerpole helped keep the boat close to the bank, and my feet dry.  ~c~

Parked the truck and off I went, boat ran great, but unfortunately the water is extremely high. For once the temps were bearable, but very little signs of life.

In one of the fingers, I launched my frog over by a little cluster of pads and gulp!! Frog disappeared. Kept my cool, set the hook and pretty nice bass choked my frog. Brought the bass on board, snapped a nice pic, and when I went to snap the 2nd pic showing the measurement, the bass jumped from the bump board and literally swam off the deck into the water.  :o ^-^ ~xyz ~rant. That bass was over 19"!!

Thinking I was on to something, I quickly realized the outing was going to be another 1 fish outing. Decided to run the boat some more, and get acquainted with the Mercury Vessel Mobile View for a bit, and called it day. Outing lasted 3 hours.

Loading the boat went awesome!! I gently maneuvered the boat over to the trailer and the boat cradled nicely on to the bunks. Walked from the bow of the boat over to the bed of my truck and never once got my feet wet. That's cool!!

Thanks for reading. It's going to be long time before those bass come back to the canals.  :'(

LgMouthGambler

Good stuff. Get her well broken in.  ~c~
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on August 21, 2019, 03:31:25 PM
Good stuff. Get her well broken in.  ~c~

Thanks brother, just want to get acquainted well with the boat for our outing on Saturday.  8)

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Lou and sorry that darn thing didn't want to get its  ;PHO) taken on your bump board.  :'(  That is a nice looking fish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Lipripper on August 21, 2019, 04:33:10 PM
Thanks for the report Lou and sorry that darn thing didn't want to get its  ;PHO) taken on your bump board.  :'(  That is a nice looking fish.

Thanks Lip. I learned my lesson. I will just move the bump board and away from the edges.  :)

big g

Thanks for the report.  Did you try the POwer pole back in the fingers?  Glad she is easy to handle for you.
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: big g on August 21, 2019, 05:28:47 PM
Thanks for the report.  Did you try the POwer pole back in the fingers?  Glad she is easy to handle for you.

I actually used the PP 3 times today. But it wasn't to fish specifically.  lo Two of the times was while unloading and loading the boat. The PP held the boat in position while I went to get the truck. The other I deployed in one of the fingers to retie and I didn't want the wind to push me further along inside the channel. Pretty useful piece of equipment. Its going to come in handy in many other locations.  ;D

Donald Garner

Tks for sharing the trip and picture with us  ~c~  Congrats on the catch there also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Backlash123

Thanks for sharing.  If you're going to be launching by yourself a lot, I added a Trick Step last December, makes all the difference in the world.  Much easier getting in and out of the boat.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Backlash123 on August 21, 2019, 09:20:44 PM
Thanks for sharing.  If you're going to be launching by yourself a lot, I added a Trick Step last December, makes all the difference in the world.  Much easier getting in and out of the boat.
I'm looking into that for X-mas time. The boat dealer I did business with, all the new Phoenix boats came with trick-steps welded to their trailers. Very convenient indeed.

Backlash123

Quote from: Bassinlou on August 22, 2019, 06:04:24 AM
I'm looking into that for X-mas time. The boat dealer I did business with, all the new Phoenix boats came with trick-steps welded to their trailers. Very convenient indeed.

That was my Christmas present last year from my wife.  I'll never have another boat without it.  See you out there.

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: Backlash123 on August 22, 2019, 06:31:43 PM
That was my Christmas present last year from my wife.  I'll never have another boat without it.  See you out there.