3:16 No Bull Frog = New Personal Best of 8lbs 3oz

Started by pfunk, May 14, 2006, 03:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfunk

So I received the new frogs earlier this week and threw them a couple of times earlier this week.  Had a couple hits but no hookups.  So headed out again this morning, fished with the frog for about 1/2 hour before I finally got my first hit.   It hit it pretty hard and the splash/roll was pretty good so I figured it was a decent fish.  The after feeling the weight and setting the hook, it took off and then I KNEW it was a good fish.  It made a run into some lilly pads, I kept him from getting too far in.  Turned on the motor and went to go get him.  As soon as I was within a couple feet, it turned and went into open water, well there is coontail about 3 feet under the surface, but that is easier to deal with then the lilly pads.  So as soon as it turned, I muscled him in quickly, lipped him and there she was in all her glory.     :D      I almost had a fit as I was getting set to weigh her, I dropped her.  She was flopping all over the boat and I was literally diving on the deck trying to keep her in the boat.  Finally got her under control, weighed her and took pics.  25.5", 8lbs 3oz.  She was released immediately and swam away fine.     :D   

For those who haven't seen these frogs yet, they are here.  They are big, and do rip easy, but I am a fan for life now.      :D   

3:16 No Bull Frogs

Also, not to sound like a commercial but this was my first time using my new Kistler Magnesium 7' MH rod.  I love this rod.  I love my Helium, but this rod is pretty awesome as well.  Paired it with a Viento and it is a sweet combo.     :D
Bass Count 2006
Total - 65
Citations - 2
Largest - 8lbs 3oz

Chris

pfunk.... thats awesome . I got mine last Saturday and havent used them yet . I gave two of them to Papa because he is a frog fishing fool just to see if they in fact work....I guess you proved that they do work. Very nice pic.

weirdlittleman

"The past cannot be changed, but the future is still in your power!"
"Don't let today's disappointments cast a shadow on tomorrow's dreams!"

Kal-Kevin

thanks for the photo and glad to have you join us here  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~

spetro

Lipripper

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

fishforfree

hesjustbassin

'Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting the different results' Albert Einstein.

Creel Limit Zero

~c~ ~c~  Awesome fish.  I just got a couple of those frogs.  Can't wait to give them a try...

bassmaster350

Created by Bartholomew Hawg Bass

bass1cpr

Pfunk great fish that's the way to get the frog season started.
A fish a day keeps postal away. See fishing is relaxing.  Member B.A.S.S.  Illinois B.A.S.S. Federation Nation

Barney Leonard

topcat

Way to go Pfunk...thanks for the review on the frog and the rod........that is a awesome fish...glad you have become a member of the Ultimate Bass family
look forward to reading more post and seeing more fish from you....congrats
and good luck the next time out........

Topcat

kickinbass

Fantatstic Catch!!!!!!!! ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ I am gonna check out them frogs also.

silversalmon

Look at that beast, great catch, man that had to have been a blast pulling up  ~c~ ~c~

United States Air Force 1994-present

derekj

pfunk

Thanks for all the compliments and kind words guys, I appreciate it.  Can't wait to get out there and give it a shot again.  Gotta love topwater fishing!  ;D
Bass Count 2006
Total - 65
Citations - 2
Largest - 8lbs 3oz

BIG PAPA

Great fish !! I should get a chance to go tomorrow evening and am going to spend some real time with mine.
papa ~c~