Rally Food

Started by Mike Cork, September 23, 2019, 03:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cork

Do you guys normally get together on food or just bring chit and eat what every hits the grill and is left over...

I ask because Mother makes a Potato Salad known from west of the Mississippi to California as the GOAT... She can make a batch big enough to eat on for three days....

Meat? Anyone got connections and we just throw cash at them? I'm talking about cow or pig for you degenerates stuck in the gutters.  ~roflmao

Just need to know how you all have done it in the past. At the UBCS's, all but one night we just start a couple grills and throw meat at it everyone eats until they are full.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

Joe's got Thursday night, I've got Friday night, Zip's got Saturday night.  That's the meat part.....

We'll need some other stuff fer sure, taters, veggies and crap......I guess  ~roflmao

Don't know how they done it last time, wasn't there but all the other ones we got it handled and folks gave me some $$'s and I split it out, usually gets close to even, it ain't no big deal either way.

Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Lee Smith

But YES, brang that bad a$$ tater salad!!  ;D

mygreenihc

I usually just cook the fish that I catch,  I guess that is why I am always hungry.   ::)

Brad

Mike Cork

Quote from: mygreenihc on September 23, 2019, 04:41:03 PM
I usually just cook the fish that I catch,  I guess that is why I am always hungry.   ::)
Brad

This won't be a problem this time, I'll be there to catch them if you'll cook them  ~bb

But I got no problem tossing 20 bux a night at a provider...

Cork's Reel Service

LgMouthGambler

Ill catch the fish too if yall wanna cook them. Hope yall like little fish stix.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lee Smith

Menu:

Thursday Night: Caddyyank mexican stuff (dis chit damn goood btw)
Friday Night: Prime Rib wiffin' all da stuff
Saturday Night: Zip brangin sum dead pig bbq

Breakfast ever moonin': cajun breakfast hot coffee and sore heads

Lunch er'y day: fend fo yo own self

Princeton_Man

I'm bringin a bushel of taters, the usual large roll of heavy duty foil, dish soap, COFFEE, and paper towels, and toilet paper.

Lee, find out if that place has a dish washer. Wait a minute! The grandkids will be there! ~roflmao

I'll also have something for whoever is there Wednesday. I'm thinkin fried fish might be good.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Quote from: Princeton_Man on September 27, 2019, 11:16:18 AM
Lee, find out if that place has a dish washer. Wait a minute! The grandkids will be there! ~roflmao

Yep and one of them is on the permanent-shit-list right now.. ^-^

Cork's Reel Service

Princeton_Man

I'm also bringing about 5lbs of breakfast sausage that I picked up today that's made fresh in the store.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Princeton_Man

Also bringing paper plates!

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

TNDiver

Lunch will probably be on the boats right?
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Bud Kennedy

LUNCH ???  Are you fishing or eating. If I were you I would pack some snacks and some water for your noon meal.  Gonna be a bit warm out there I am afraid.  Stay hydrated guys.

TNDiver

That's what I assumed Bud, and what I was planning.  Unless I can get my hands on a gator and have some gator bites!
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Princeton_Man

Quote from: TNDiver on September 29, 2019, 02:28:07 PM
Lunch will probably be on the boats right?
I keep sardines, nabs, SlimJims and Apples in the boat... Also water. I don't call it lunch, it's merely survival food.  lo

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Mike Cork

Mother's bring plasticware....

I'm bringing a big fat gut....

The boys have been told they got the dishes....

Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Just in case it's needed Mother wants to know how far to the nearest grocery store?

Cork's Reel Service

mygreenihc

Guntersville is about ten minutes from these cabins and they have grocery stores,  but nothing big.  Scottsboro is probably 20 minutes away and they have a big Walmart.  There is a big Walmart in Albertsville too and it is about a 20 minute drive.

Getting food is not much of an issue.  You will not be in the Boonedocks,  this is not like Louisianna....

Brad

Princeton_Man

I believe there's a Walmart tucked away here in Gunterville too. About 10-15 min away.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club