Chicamauga Lake????

Started by Fishhardroger, September 17, 2019, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishhardroger

Heading up from Florida on Friday, 1st time on Chickamauga. Putting in in Harrison Bay. Anyone got any tips on what I need to be looking for or throwing? Looks like the latest "Cool Snap" isn't enough to throw them into a fall pattern, or is it? Any info would be much appreciated!

Remember, Hook sets are FREE!!!!
Remember, Hook sets are FREE!!!

coldfront

go look at blue water report (fish dayton) for some ideas.

Fishhardroger

I have seen that report...no date, but it is current, I gather? So the water level has been dropping?

coldfront

Quote from: Fishhardroger on September 17, 2019, 03:10:15 PM
I have seen that report...no date, but it is current, I gather? So the water level has been dropping?

a bit.  not much.  they won't start that seriously for another couple of weeks, I think

reports talk about late summer fishing - tough - with best bets early.  big fish, when you find them, coming from flipping milfoil edges.

always some frog fish out there.

chick might be tough.  then again, you might really get on them.

fish during week if you can.  they typically draw water mid day/afternoon into evening.  moving water (dams) helps those fish get active.  they can be tough when current isn't moving.

Fishhardroger

Quote from: coldfront on September 17, 2019, 08:28:20 PM
a bit.  not much.  they won't start that seriously for another couple of weeks, I think

reports talk about late summer fishing - tough - with best bets early.  big fish, when you find them, coming from flipping milfoil edges.

always some frog fish out there.

chick might be tough.  then again, you might really get on them.

fish during week if you can.  they typically draw water mid day/afternoon into evening.  moving water (dams) helps those fish get active.  they can be tough when current isn't moving.

Unfortunately I can only get on the water Saturday and Sunday...I know what you mean about the Dam schedule (love saying that...lol) I've learned a lot about that making trips up to fly fish with my son up in Telico and on the Hiawassee. Flipping? Now you're talking my language for a Florida boy...What depth are you usually looking at for the milfoil?

coldfront

Quote from: Fishhardroger on September 18, 2019, 08:28:45 AM
Unfortunately I can only get on the water Saturday and Sunday...I know what you mean about the Dam schedule (love saying that...lol) I've learned a lot about that making trips up to fly fish with my son up in Telico and on the Hiawassee. Flipping? Now you're talking my language for a Florida boy...What depth are you usually looking at for the milfoil?

start here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJuvwpdYZK8

18RangerZ520L

Correct, I want to say Nov 15th is when they start the winter draw down.

Quote from: coldfront on September 17, 2019, 08:28:20 PM

2018 Ranger Z520L | 2017 Platinum F250 | (2) Solix 15's w/360

coldfront

Quote from: 18RangerZ520L on October 27, 2019, 12:06:19 PM
Correct, I want to say Nov 15th is when they start the winter draw down.

2019 11 02
as of this morning, levels were down a bit again. now is time to stay between the navigational buoys when 'on pad'.  this is going to get the weed beds breaking up in a hurry.  BUT give us some windblown pockets with it piled in.  not only frogging, but punching might be the ticket.

water temps were low 60's main lake and mid-60's in backs of creeks/bays.

quite a bit of rain locally last week.  but they've been spilling 40K cfs for a bit now, so it's coming down.

out this morning, but got a late start.  working a 3.8 swimbait and getting nips, but they were just grabbing the tail.  a few that turned away at the boat.

managed one short.

had a HEAVY fish hit on a mainlake bank.  little more current.  likely a drum or blue.

guys are reporting them on topwater.  lipless.  swimbaits.  silver buddies.

Lipripper

Quote from: coldfront on November 02, 2019, 07:20:51 PM
2019 11 02
as of this morning, levels were down a bit again. now is time to stay between the navigational buoys when 'on pad'.  this is going to get the weed beds breaking up in a hurry.  BUT give us some windblown pockets with it piled in.  not only frogging, but punching might be the ticket.

water temps were low 60's main lake and mid-60's in backs of creeks/bays.

quite a bit of rain locally last week.  but they've been spilling 40K cfs for a bit now, so it's coming down.

out this morning, but got a late start.  working a 3.8 swimbait and getting nips, but they were just grabbing the tail.  a few that turned away at the boat.

managed one short.

had a HEAVY fish hit on a mainlake bank.  little more current.  likely a drum or blue.

guys are reporting them on topwater.  lipless.  swimbaits.  silver buddies.
Thanks for the report and glad your were able to boat one even if it was a short one.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

coldfront

Quote from: Lipripper on November 02, 2019, 08:56:21 PM
Thanks for the report and glad your were able to boat one even if it was a short one.

i fight really hard to avoid the zero lip.
had an absolute blast out there trying.  can only imagine, though, how frustrated i would have been if I'd been 'participating' in a tournament.