Grand lake in October

Started by Phoenix920proxp, September 27, 2019, 12:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix920proxp

Heading down late october to Grand lake. Anyone have any info on this time of year? What I need to look for section of lake? Average water temp? Clearity? Not looking for spots just general area/info.
Thank for the help

Smallie_Stalker

Welcome to the Ultimate Bass family! Pleasure to have you with us. Pull up a chair, make yourself right at home and jump in wherever you feel comfortable. 

Hopefully somebody from your neck of the woods will stop by soon to help you out.

While I have you here, if you would like to win some free gear from some of the great companies that sponsor our site be sure and put your name in for the New Member's Contest. We also have Weekly Contests so be sure and get in on those too each week as they become available..

We love pictures around here. Please feel free to post some pics of your catches anytime in our Catch of the Day board.

We're looking forward to seeing you around the boards and to learning from what you share with us.

In the meantime, if you need any help with anything at all please don't hesitate to contact me or any other staff member.

Once again, Welcome!

><> Smallie_Stalker  <><
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

I've fished there a couple times in October. Lots goes into determining which section to fish, weather, previous weather, water level....

I like the mid lake area, it offers all the structure you'd need to put patterns together and all the cover you need if your a power fisherman.

Seems like every tournament I've fished there in the fall is won in the south end of the lake. The water is clear and the top water bite can be awesome. Spooks on points can put five very nice bass in the livewell. It won't happen quickly but if you stick with it you can do well.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

allaboutfun

I'm fishing there October 10 - 13. First time fishing this lake. I was there about 8 years ago pleasure boating  - nice lake.

DonM

I grew up fishing that lake, but that was a LOOOONG time ago.  My son has a place there now.  You can always catch fish off the points. 
DonM

Phoenix920proxp

Thank you guys I appreciate it and will post details after I go there!