Potential 2020 Guntersville Rally Dates

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 16, 2019, 01:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captsteve

The dates work for me, now just to get permission ......

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Quote from: Captsteve on February 16, 2020, 07:26:36 AM
The dates work for me, now just to get permission ......

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Hope to see you there Steve.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

fishballer06

I'm still being hopeful that I can make this years rally. I hope to see you all there.

Those that flew in last year - whats the nearest airport?
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

TNDiver

I think last year people made deals with people heading there and then flew into airports nearby.  I plan to go, barring an emergency or catastrophe, so Nashville could be an option for some and I believe it was a 2 hour drive from there. 
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

fishballer06

Quote from: TNDiver on February 17, 2020, 11:00:09 AM
I think last year people made deals with people heading there and then flew into airports nearby.  I plan to go, barring an emergency or catastrophe, so Nashville could be an option for some and I believe it was a 2 hour drive from there.

The Huntsville airport seems to be about an hour away and I'm seeing roundtrip flights for me around $350. I just wasn't sure if there was a more convenient airport around.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

TNDiver

Nashville would probably be the easiest and is a big hub, so may find flights cheap. Then if you wanted a ride, I could take a few people.  I will be taking my Highlander, so I will have room for poles, etc (not sure what you would want to fly with!).

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

zippyduck

I will haul all of Fishballers tackle for him. It needs to be used in chic some.  ;)

caddyjoe77

I am IN  lo

learned a little more this november -- like -- bring an alabama rig. 
BeerMe

apiazza

What town do you guys typically stay in? I'm actually wondering if I could swing the G-ville in with a trip to Barber Motorsports park for a day.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: apiazza on February 18, 2020, 08:29:55 AM
What town do you guys typically stay in? I'm actually wondering if I could swing the G-ville in with a trip to Barber Motorsports park for a day.

It's usually a few miles from the town of guntersville proper.
BeerMe

apiazza

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on February 18, 2020, 11:41:23 AM
It's usually a few miles from the town of guntersville proper.
hmmm two days (at least) of fishing and 1 day of racing could be nice.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: apiazza on February 18, 2020, 12:03:48 PM
hmmm two days (at least) of fishing and 1 day of racing could be nice.

Yea b'ham is about and hour and a half
BeerMe

apiazza

It's tough for me to say for sure, yet, with work and school if I would be able to make it.

what's rough cost for the trip? travel aside obviously.
Anyone have a seat open at the moment?

TNDiver

I don't remember exactly but I believe it was under $150 for lodging and food.  Alcohol or special drinks, etc will be extra and usually on you or someone may bring extra

zippyduck

I believe it was around $200 for the three days.  The biggest expense is the travel.

As far as back seats there will be room somewhere. We will have to wait for more commitments to figure out all the partnerships.

apiazza

Quote from: zippyduck on February 19, 2020, 02:52:23 PM
I believe it was around $200 for the three days.  The biggest expense is the travel.

As far as back seats there will be room somewhere. We will have to wait for more commitments to figure out all the partnerships.
Wow, that's awesome. If I'm planning a track day while down there the travel cost is "assumed" to drive down with the trailer. But $200 is about what I end up paying for a hotel near the track for just 1 night! So to be down there for 3 days and be able to fish is awesome. I'll see what I can figure out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nutt

Well, count me out again.  Its full on hunting season here during those dates.  I will make the trip one day.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Sandman7925

I'm interested. Don't know any of y'all in real life but I've always wanted to go there.
Do you guys just find your own places to stay and link up when you can when your not fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Princeton_Man

Quote from: Sandman7925 on February 26, 2020, 11:11:18 AM
I'm interested. Don't know any of y'all in real life but I've always wanted to go there.
Do you guys just find your own places to stay and link up when you can when your not fishing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We rent a group of cabins and split the cost.
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

mygreenihc

I should be able to go again this year,  at least for now.  I will have to check on Jonboy,  but I know he has a 6 week shutdown that includes October,  so we will have to see about him.  If he cannot go I will have a backseat... 

Brad

Bud Kennedy

Quote from: mygreenihc on February 26, 2020, 02:31:46 PM
I should be able to go again this year,  at least for now.  I will have to check on Jonboy,  but I know he has a 6 week shutdown that includes October,  so we will have to see about him.  If he cannot go I will have a backseat... 

Brad

Brad, I don't think I ever saw any pictures of your new boat. Or even know what you got after the Guntersville crash.

zippyduck

Captsteve

Ok, I'm definatly in this year. ~~~lo~~~

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Quote from: Captsteve on February 26, 2020, 08:05:16 PM
Ok, I'm definatly in this year. ~~~lo~~~

Sweet ! Bringing a boat or hitching a ride?

Captsteve

Quote from: zippyduck on February 26, 2020, 08:07:12 PM
Sweet ! Bringing a boat or hitching a ride?
I plan to bring a boat, we will see.

Steve
Headed for the Lake