Potential 2020 Guntersville Rally Dates

Started by Bud Kennedy, October 16, 2019, 01:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Sorry yall, we have decided to back out of the rally this year. Maybe next year.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Captsteve

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 29, 2020, 06:55:13 AM
Sorry yall, we have decided to back out of the rally this year. Maybe next year.
Bummer

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on September 29, 2020, 01:13:04 AM

2 more guests will be with us, but they will be staying at my house.  Speaking of, i think we need a bonfire night at the house.  Maybe some caddyjoe kitchen creations?

Sounds good to me! ~beer~
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

zippyduck

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on September 29, 2020, 06:55:13 AM

Hope to snuggle next year.

zippyduck

Attendees and boat situation

Boaters

PM
zippy
CaddyJoe

riders

TNDiver
CaptSteve
2 others ay Caddies place?

And LEE? Boat or no boat?

caddyjoe77

november will be here soon.  Cant wait. 
BeerMe

mygreenihc

Looking forward to it.  Who do I gotta pay?

Princeton_Man

Quote from: mygreenihc on September 30, 2020, 08:11:52 PM
Looking forward to it.  Who do I gotta pay?
We'll settle up before we leave. I reserved for 10 but it looks like we're down to 6 1/2 now.

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Princeton_Man on September 30, 2020, 08:20:56 PM
We'll settle up before we leave. I reserved for 10 but it looks like we're down to 6 1/2 now.

Nutt had expressed some interest......maybe hes an in.  not sure
BeerMe

zippyduck

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on September 30, 2020, 10:11:14 PM
Nutt had expressed some interest......maybe hes an in.  not sure

I hope so. Nutt is a heck of a guy. He would fit in well.

mygreenihc

Guys,  I have some more bad news to add.  Jonboy and I will not be able to make it that weekend after all.  i apologize,  but I found out last night that I won't be able to come and Jonboy found out earlier this week that his schedule has changed and he is not off that weekend. 

I am sorry about this.

Brad

Captsteve

Well I'm not going to be able to make it either. With buying this land, I'm going to have a lot on my plate when I get home this time.

I really wanted to make this. Was hoping to get to learn from you guys.

Captsteve

Steve
Headed for the Lake

zippyduck

Well it looks like three in the cabin and three and joe's place. Three boaters and three riders. We will miss the rest of ya'll, but will have lots of fun anyways.

TNDiver

How big is the cabin?  Should we downsize?

There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Bud Kennedy

Gonna make for an expensive stay.  Cabin cost divided by 3 instead of divided by 8 or 10

Princeton_Man

Quote from: TNDiver on October 06, 2020, 02:55:57 PM
How big is the cabin?  Should we downsize?
It's a 3BR 2BA and it was the only one Lakeland had available. I'm not sure what her cancellation fee is, but if someone can find something better for less, I'm all ears .  Lakeland's cabins have always been clean and secure.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

TNDiver

A week away.  Everyone still good?  What do you think the bass will be biting on this time of year?  The usual swim baits, cranks, spinnerbaits, etc.  Would punching still be effective?  I may start getting gear together this weekend.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Princeton_Man

Quote from: TNDiver on October 29, 2020, 03:52:10 PM
A week away.  Everyone still good?  What do you think the bass will be biting on this time of year?  The usual swim baits, cranks, spinnerbaits, etc.  Would punching still be effective?  I may start getting gear together this weekend.
Still good here. I'm hoping for a jig bit.

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Lee Smith

y'all better be getting those frogs ready and be trying to be so damn fancy  ;)  lo
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Captsteve

Really wanted to attend but I have got to get the ball rolling on building my new house.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

caddyjoe77

yes, yes, yes on everything you mentioned plus A-Rig, and FROG.  SwimJig and Jig

this cold snap should get their butts in gear.  they been spoiled in 10 - 14 feet for weeks now
BeerMe

zippyduck

I am almost packed.
Bring frogs and punching gear. Swimbaits will be in play also.

Bud Kennedy

Weather looks great for the rally.  Go Get EM

caddyjoe77

yes Bud -- there is a cold snap right before (this weekend) -- still some green mats -- hopefully should turn them into grilled cheese and you know what happens then -- Rice Krispies
BeerMe

Bud Kennedy

Been eating my heart out on this one.  Just not possible to attend this year but it sure looks like I am going to miss some really good conditions on those mats.  As it turns out the Mrs. is doing a lot better and I probably could have got away for a while but that too can change in the blink of an eye.  I am looking forward to some pictures from the rally.