Seat Removal

Started by B4Reel, October 17, 2019, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B4Reel

Anyone removed their cockpit seats?  My passenger seat bottom is loose but I don't know how to remove it or tighten it up.  2015 ZX250

Donald Garner

I don't have a Skeeter but my Stratos seat comes as 2 parts.  The pad I sit on is Velcro' d to the base.  The base is screwed down with (6) Stainless Steel Screws.  I though my seats were all one piece till I got to messing around cleaning them.  They come apart with not much effort.  I have 3-4 2inch wide Velcro strips under the pad that holds them to the seat frame etc.

Stratos seats
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Many different ways they are put together. Most have a small frame that is screwed to the seat well, then the seats are screwed to that.

You'll just have to dig at it and see what you can find. Most times you can tighten them down, might have to get a bigger screw but shouldn't be an issue.

Once you figure it out, we'd love a post back on how skeeter does it.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Sandman7925

I'd bet money the bottom cushions lift up some kind of way exposing the frame underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTodd

On my Nitro Z18 there are 2 Allen screws in front under the seat. Remove those and the seat comes out. The seat has a bracket that fits in grooves on a plate that's screwed to the bottom of the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk