CaddyALYanks "Bait Monkey YOU'RE FIRED" !!! (Confessional) Dos.....

Started by Lee Smith, November 01, 2019, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishinBuck07

Yeah the month of October was a bad one for me and the bait monkey.  Three Dobyns Fury rods, a Lews reel and a couple hundred dollars in tackle, I think the wife is about ready to disown me! ;D

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on November 05, 2019, 09:33:22 AM
Yeah the month of October was a bad one for me and the bait monkey.  Three Dobyns Fury rods, a Lews reel and a couple hundred dollars in tackle, I think the wife is about ready to disown me! ;D

Eventually they just give up. If you need, she can talk to my Wife, maybe she could help her cope.  lo
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

FishinBuck07

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 05, 2019, 09:40:46 AM
Eventually they just give up. If you need, she can talk to my Wife, maybe she could help her cope.  lo
Actually my wife really doesn't get upset with me, she always says I could be spending money on worse things in life!

caddyjoe77

bought a hammer 7'11 flippin stick for alabama rigs.  The muse black just wasnt cutting the mustard. 
BeerMe

Lee Smith

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 05, 2019, 09:39:32 PM
bought a hammer 7'11 flippin stick for alabama rigs.  The muse black just wasnt cutting the mustard.

ya gonna have to get a boat 'trailer' to hold all yo chit when you hit da water.....
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lee Smith on November 07, 2019, 01:21:07 PM
ya gonna have to get a boat 'trailer' to hold all yo chit when you hit da water.....

picked up a minty Daiwa Crazy Cranker Reel -- 4.8:1 -- should be fun!

picked up a few more A-Rigs from eBay and several jerk baits cause we know that'n be startin soon round here.....
BeerMe

Lipripper

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 17, 2019, 10:10:26 PM

picked up a few more A-Rigs from eBay and several jerk baits cause we know that'n be startin soon round here.....
Joe keep on feeding that monkey so he will stay down there at your house.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

caddyjoe77

Quote from: Lipripper on November 18, 2019, 08:01:05 AM
Joe keep on feeding that monkey so he will stay down there at your house.  lo lo

the little bastage found me in noneya, Alabama!! Jerk!!  ~roflmao
BeerMe

Lipripper

fishballer06

Great pick up. I have two of them. I don't use them too often, but there's nothing better out there for whenever I need a reel like that.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

caddyjoe77

I cant lie, after all this is a confessional.  So, I pulled the trigger on a Tatula Elite HD in H so 6.3.  Planned use is alabama rigs on the hammer rod. 

Was using a 3.8 curado 200B -- but unfortunately the IPT couldnt keep up with trying to keep the bait on the top of the submerged grass reliably without cranking 100 MPH.  :) 

I will say, if you want to throw an alabama rig not around grass and need to get it deeper, the curado is definitely the reel.  That thing is a winch.  Pulled the A-Rig out of a couple grass/rock spots i thought for sure I wasnt going to be able to get. 

but I did get a cool Daiwa face sock, so there is that i guess  lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

The 3.8 B is forever a classic that keeps on going. I dont think we will ever see another reel quite like that again.

Side note. A few new acquisitions. A trade to get the SX, and a combo deal for the SLX XT.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

Lipripper

Way to go Joe and Matt keep on feeding that Monkey and keep him down by y'all. lo lo

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 19, 2019, 05:07:18 AM
The 3.8 B is forever a classic that keeps on going. I dont think we will ever see another reel quite like that again.

absolutely -- the 3.8 is a BMF!!  Might try it in a cranking scenario this winter when the bait needs to be a little slower  :-*
BeerMe

fishballer06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 19, 2019, 10:29:50 AM
absolutely -- the 3.8 is a BMF!!  Might try it in a cranking scenario this winter when the bait needs to be a little slower  :-*

They work great for Wiggle Warts and Shad Raps right after ice out up here. Only problem is on windy days, it takes about 20 seconds just to wind up the slack line after the cast because the IPT is even lower at the end of a long cast with that slow of a reel.

cbburke

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies..."

merc1997

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 01, 2019, 01:18:19 PM
Mine just never stops.  lo  As a matter of fact, Alan (FLOGROWN) came over to the house Wednesday to purchase my Quantum Smoke PT and a Tatula rod combo. I told him "thanks for shopping at LMGs bait and tackle".  ~roflmao
~roflmao ~roflmao ~roflmao

bo
On Heaven's Lake

Smallie_Stalker

I recently had to pass on a lefty version. Broke my heart. That model is hard enough to find to begin with but the lefties are even more rare to locate.  ???
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

caddyjoe77

New a-rig reel.  Daiwa Tat Elite in 6.3 -- hope this has the guts to keep up with the stresses of the A-Rig

BeerMe

Smallie_Stalker

Nice Joe!  ~beer~ Been wondering how the Elites compare to other Tats so I'll be looking for any information you give us.

I added a Dobyns Sierra 734 C to my arsenal yesterday. I'll try and post some pics from my phone later but y'all know what they look like.... ~shade
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

fishballer06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 21, 2019, 09:36:23 AM
New a-rig reel.  Daiwa Tat Elite in 6.3 -- hope this has the guts to keep up with the stresses of the A-Rig

Nice pick up. I own one of these and absolutely love it.

Unfortunately, with this being a 100 sized reel, it's probably not going to hold the spool capacity that you'll want to throw heavy A rig's. I will say it is one hell of a caster though.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 21, 2019, 11:50:27 AM
Nice pick up. I own one of these and absolutely love it.

Unfortunately, with this being a 100 sized reel, it's probably not going to hold the spool capacity that you'll want to throw heavy A rig's. I will say it is one hell of a caster though.

Yea so i noticed that yesterday spooling-- so i throw 50 pound braid -- which is 12 pound diameter. 

according to the Daiwa site it said 150 yards of 12 pound.  Which is why i bought it.  And the spool does "look" deeper. 

however, when i spooled it, it sure didn't "look" like there was 150 yards on it. 

https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/reels/tatulaelite1/index.html
BeerMe

fishballer06

Looks like they're saying 110 yards of 40lb braid, so probably 95 yards of 50lb.

Take it out and give it a whirl. If nothing else, it's a great reel for casting literally anything else.

LgMouthGambler

Joe, check out the Coastal model. I think it holds more line.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 21, 2019, 12:05:29 PM
Looks like they're saying 110 yards of 40lb braid, so probably 95 yards of 50lb.

Take it out and give it a whirl. If nothing else, it's a great reel for casting literally anything else.

so i guess I am confused.  :)  if a braid manufacturer says "our 50 pound braid is equal to 12 pound mono" then I "should" be able to assume I can get hear near 150 yards on a manufacturer specified spec which says 150 yards of 12 pound mono.  But, the manufacturer also says less for J-Braid which is of course different than the powerPro I have on.  And, the J-Braid I have used in the past seemed to be "less round" than power pro and a heckuva lot quieter.  So, not sure where the 110 comes from either  lo

So, what gives?  Is a 12 pound diameter braid not really a 12 pound mono diameter?  Or did the manufacturer say something incorrect?

or do i need to learn to read better?   

and absolutely, she getting a workout and i will let y'all know. 
BeerMe