CaddyALYanks "Bait Monkey YOU'RE FIRED" !!! (Confessional) Dos.....

Started by Lee Smith, November 01, 2019, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishballer06

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 21, 2019, 01:17:55 PM
So, what gives?  Is a 12 pound diameter braid not really a 12 pound mono diameter?  Or did the manufacturer say something incorrect?

I always take the capacity numbers with a grain of salt, because literally every single line diameter and pound test is different. So don't sweat too much over it.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

caddyjoe77

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 21, 2019, 01:27:34 PM
I always take the capacity numbers with a grain of salt, because literally every single line diameter and pound test is different. So don't sweat too much over it.

not really sweating just curious in my mind   ;D  It's a rabbit hole of weirdness  lo

as long as i can get over 100 yards i think im ok.  Alabama rig is never going more than like 40 except maybe on the luckiest downwind perfect trajectory leverage based heave ever.
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 21, 2019, 01:17:55 PM
so i guess I am confused.  :)  if a braid manufacturer says "our 50 pound braid is equal to 12 pound mono" then I "should" be able to assume I can get hear near 150 yards on a manufacturer specified spec which says 150 yards of 12 pound mono.  But, the manufacturer also says less for J-Braid which is of course different than the powerPro I have on.  And, the J-Braid I have used in the past seemed to be "less round" than power pro and a heckuva lot quieter.  So, not sure where the 110 comes from either  lo

So, what gives?  Is a 12 pound diameter braid not really a 12 pound mono diameter?  Or did the manufacturer say something incorrect?

or do i need to learn to read better?   

and absolutely, she getting a workout and i will let y'all know.

Braid and mono are all different sizes depending on what brand. Not all "12#" is the same dia.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 21, 2019, 01:36:52 PM
Braid and mono are all different sizes depending on what brand. Not all "12#" is the same dia.

understand.  And power pro 50 is .014 -- so i "ought" to have 100 yards.  compared to original stren at 14 pound which is .014.  Or Sufix advance which is .012 at 12 pound.

Should be good.  Just dont want to spool the thing, or come close to spooling on a normal cast. 
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 21, 2019, 01:57:17 PM
understand.  And power pro 50 is .014 -- so i "ought" to have 100 yards.  compared to original stren at 14 pound which is .014.  Or Sufix advance which is .012 at 12 pound.

Should be good.  Just dont want to spool the thing, or come close to spooling on a normal cast.

Your average cast is what?
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 21, 2019, 02:05:10 PM
Your average cast is what?

as noted above -- max with an a-rig would be 35 - 40 except for those "whoa i didnt expect that to happen" casts that sometimes happen.  Just trying to let the weight do its thing. 

if i have 100 yards -- i should have at least 50 - 60 left.
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Yeah, you should be just fine. If not, you sell it and buy something else.  lo

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on November 21, 2019, 02:28:09 PM
Yeah, you should be just fine. If not, you sell it and buy something else.  lo

or just "buy something else"  ~roflmao which is usually how it goes

(i think i just heard the monkey laugh when i typed that!!)  lo
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on November 21, 2019, 02:28:53 PM
or just "buy something else"  ~roflmao which is usually how it goes

(i think i just heard the monkey laugh when i typed that!!)  lo

Welcome to the club... lo

caddyjoe77

thankfully, i dont HAVE to buy anything else as the Tat Elite passed the test today.  Longest cast estimated was 40 and i only ran the spool down a little more than 1/3 so id guess i have a little over 100 -- ideal. 

they were not biting the A-Rig today when I was throwing it but they were biting the chatterbait.  So, fish handling power still remains to be seen.

stay tuned!
BeerMe

caddyjoe77

Caught a couple on the A-Rig today before the cold front made these florida bass run like a buch of wimps.   lo

Very nice, lots of power from the reel and while I still want to catch a pig on the A-Rig, the chunks today were no issue. 

BeerMe

fishballer06

I'm glad it worked out for you. Now go buy two more.  >:D

Sincerely,
The Monkey

caddyjoe77

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 25, 2019, 09:08:06 AM
I'm glad it worked out for you. Now go buy two more.  >:D

Sincerely,
The Monkey

the ironly runs deep on that one -- You'll see  ~roflmao
BeerMe

fishballer06

This thread is entirely WAY too quiet with all the black Friday sales going on...  ~shhh

caddyjoe77

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 30, 2019, 07:50:05 PM
This thread is entirely WAY too quiet with all the black Friday sales going on...  ~shhh

agree!!

honestly, i bought 3 reels -- 2 daiwa type HD tatulas, a drag star, and a Citica I. 

Also, picked up some K9 Flouro -- testing tomorrow. 
BeerMe

Pipepro

Damn monkey and his BF sales.

I put in a big order with Lockett lures. Senkos and paddle tail swimbaits. That was nice and cut my order with TW by a bunch. Ended up with terminal tackle and some odds and ends with them.

ALF got me with the Shimano SLX XT combo. Mike keeps posting the Monster sale, and looking at the deals there I don't think the monkey is done with me yet!

Oh and I did pick up some new Plano boxes at the local Menards. 3701 Thin boxes. $6.49! Cheapest I have seen. I'm redoing my hook and weight storage since I'm going to try drop shotting.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
2017 Stratos 186 VLO 115 SHO

fishballer06

The Monkey got me pretty good for the BF sales, but I got some great gear at some great prices.

Metanium MGL HG, plus the upgraded 96mm handle
Assorted plastics, jig heads, skirt material

zippyduck

Six Bandit cranks, 2 Rivers2seas cranks, 4 Jackhammers, and 4 Jacob Wheeler buzzbaits are on the way to me.

The Rivers2seas cranks are the ones made by the Tactical bassin guys. It is definitely different.
The rest I have used and catch fish well.
3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

fishballer06

Quote from: zippyduck on December 02, 2019, 02:34:21 PM
Six Bandit cranks, 2 Rivers2seas cranks, 4 Jackhammers, and 4 Jacob Wheeler buzzbaits are on the way to me.

Those finesse JW Accent buzzbaits are my favorite buzzbait for whenever I want to use a trailer.

caddyjoe77

couple thoughts on the recent acquisitions:

1.  K9 is flat out awesome!! the 20 pound lays on the reel like 12.  Excellent stuff.  For 20 bucks/500 yards its absolutely a no brainer

2.  The citica I 200 -- WOW! One of the only shimano reels I have tried I will probably keep. 

3.  Have not tried the Daiwa TypeHD 200.  Honestly, was so impressed with the citica I I didnt give it a chance yet. 
BeerMe

Oldfart9999

Quote from: fishballer06 on November 30, 2019, 07:50:05 PM
I don't need any more outfits, don't have room for all I have now, same with tackle, got stuff going back to the 80s I need to use up.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

LgMouthGambler

I have spent a few $ this past couple of weeks. New trolling motor, a few good deals on reels I couldnt pass up on...you know, the normal all year.  lo

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 03, 2019, 08:10:04 AM
I have spent a few $ this past couple of weeks. New trolling motor, a few good deals on reels I couldnt pass up on...you know, the normal all year.  lo

dont forget the rod you bought  ~roflmao
BeerMe

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: caddyjoe77 on December 03, 2019, 09:30:26 PM
dont forget the rod you bought  ~roflmao
Which one? Lol. The Ark I nabbed off TW? Lol. Have no fear, the reels I bought are gonna blow your mind.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

caddyjoe77

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on December 03, 2019, 10:49:01 PM
Which one? Lol. The Ark I nabbed off TW? Lol. Have no fear, the reels I bought are gonna blow your mind.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

more interested in the Ark rod. 

Need a cranking stick i get along with
BeerMe