CaddyALYanks "Bait Monkey YOU'RE FIRED" !!! (Confessional) Dos.....

Started by Lee Smith, November 01, 2019, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apiazza

You shark fishing with that 10"? Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CraigP83

Should be good on jigs for the season

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

zippyduck

Quote from: CraigP83 on January 05, 2020, 07:57:55 AM

I hope so. Lol If not you know where to get more. Lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3rd place 2017 UB IBASS 377.75"
AOY 2018 IBASS Cool Casters  369.00"
AOY 2019 IBASS Cool Casters  362.50"

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: CraigP83 on January 05, 2020, 07:57:55 AM

I'd say so. Then again the monkey has a way of convincing you otherwise,,,,,,,,,,, ~shade

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

TWBryan

Four five-packs of Gamakatsu 2/0 trailer hooks, three Roland Martin spinnerbaits, 20 t-tail trailer baits...
Enjoy yourself now,for you'll be a long time dead.

TWBryan

Got one of those Plano new fangled spinnerbait boxes. No idea if I'm putting the spinnerbaits in correctly,gonna have to check youtube..

Lipripper

Quote from: TWBryan on January 15, 2020, 12:43:31 PM
Got one of those Plano new fangled spinnerbait boxes. No idea if I'm putting the spinnerbaits in correctly,gonna have to check youtube..
You can find just about everything on youtube.  lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

TWBryan

It's true. If you look for an instructive video on youtube you'll probably find it. I did figure out the box,but still watched the video. ;) 

PSUangler

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 04, 2020, 11:39:28 AM
Getting into Swimbaits huh?? Make sure you stop buy at the Swimbait/Glidebait Chronicles thread and share your experiences with us.  ~beer~

They look like fun, besides, it was a sale and a HAD to help the store out.  Just doing my part to help the US economy, Japan's too I guess.

apiazza

My pairing slx rod is MIA at the moment. Something weird is going on with the tracking number. This SLX XT 150XG will pair with a 6'10" MH XF. Going to be my t-rig and jig rod I think. Cant decide if i should just spool it with braid like usual or go another route.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SteveTX

Against all my better judgement I ordered this lure. I never pay this much for a single lure. I knew about the lure for quite some time and had passed on it when I realized it just wasn't what I would spend on a lure. But something about it had my attention and when I watched the video KeepinItReelFishing did on it a few weeks ago I just saw it working on my lake. The monkey was strong I kept putting it off. I had it in my cart and walked away several times only to go look at it again. Eventually I caved and it just arrived.

It is a very nice looking lure. I think I have fallen into what I see others doing. They spend a stupid amount on a lure, rod, or reel, and have no choice but to brag on how great it is or look considerably dumb for over spending. lo Don't worry I am under no illusion that this is going to be a solution to getting huge fish to bite. But it doesnt hurt to try!  ~roflmao

Oldfart9999

Quote from: SteveTX on January 17, 2020, 11:35:10 AM
Against all my better judgement I ordered this lure. I never pay this much for a single lure. I knew about the lure for quite some time and had passed on it when I realized it just wasn't what I would spend on a lure. But something about it had my attention and when I watched the video KeepinItReelFishing did on it a few weeks ago I just saw it working on my lake. The monkey was strong I kept putting it off. I had it in my cart and walked away several times only to go look at it again. Eventually I caved and it just arrived.

It is a very nice looking lure. I think I have fallen into what I see others doing. They spend a stupid amount on a lure, rod, or reel, and have no choice but to brag on how great it is or look considerably dumb for over spending. lo Don't worry I am under no illusion that this is going to be a solution to getting huge fish to bite. But it doesnt hurt to try!  ~roflmao
Funkey looking bait, hope it works for you>
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

TWBryan

Won an evilbay bid for two Savage gear 3d rad rats, the 11 3/4" variety. Going to try to acquire a couple of the smaller rats as well. In fifty years who will believe they ever made such a thing..

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: SteveTX on January 17, 2020, 11:35:10 AM

Is that one of the wooden baits? The wooden Black Dogs have a high reputation in the swimbait community.

SteveTX

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 18, 2020, 12:31:58 PM
Is that one of the wooden baits? The wooden Black Dogs have a high reputation in the swimbait community.

No its not wood. It has some great features that I like. It has great action retrieved even at very slow speeds. Its quite big for a crankbait that runs shallow,  it can make a nice large wake bait, and it can be used as a larger squarebill. For a injection molded bait fit and finish looks great. I have been trying to use larger cranks and plastic baits to get me some bigger bites.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

apiazza

Well I learned a valuable lesson. When you ask the wife about buying a new rod/reel and she responds "buy it if it will bring you great joy" and is then surprised when it shows up to the house, it doesn't actually mean to buy it.  ~roflmao

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: apiazza on January 20, 2020, 12:05:44 PM
Well I learned a valuable lesson. When you ask the wife about buying a new rod/reel and she responds "buy it if it will bring you great joy" and is then surprised when it shows up to the house, it doesn't actually mean to buy it.  ~roflmao

Well I may be in trouble then.   :surrender:

Ordered a Dobyns DC 736 CB Glass earlier today and it shipped already. After it arrives I'll let y'all know if I'll be needing a place to stay.  ~shade  ~roflmao

fishballer06

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on January 20, 2020, 12:49:58 PM
Ordered a Dobyns DC 736 CB Glass earlier today and it shipped already. After it arrives I'll let y'all know if I'll be needing a place to stay.  ~shade  ~roflmao

Better order a new reel and some line to go with it. It's the only proper way to order a new rod.
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

apiazza

Quote from: fishballer06 on January 20, 2020, 12:55:59 PM
Better order a new reel and some line to go with it. It's the only proper way to order a new rod.
Chit I forgot the line! Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Capt. BassinLou

Damn monkey is starting to whisper in my ear again.... I got my hands on Mike's 795 Champion Extreme at the Guntersville Rally and the whispers keep getting louder on how much I need another new rod...

apiazza

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2020, 01:18:31 PM
Damn monkey is starting to whisper in my ear again.... I got my hands on Mike's 795 Champion Extreme at the Guntersville Rally and the whispers keep getting louder on how much I need another new rod...
I won't let myself near anything that says dobyns champion on it. Sierra is my limit (for now).

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: apiazza on January 20, 2020, 01:34:43 PM
I won't let myself near anything that says dobyns champion on it. Sierra is my limit (for now).

You ever purchase a Champion or higher, and  you will find yourself slowly replacing your entire rod line up. That's what happened to me.

apiazza

Quote from: Bassinlou on January 20, 2020, 01:39:16 PM
You ever purchase a Champion or higher, and  you will find yourself slowly replacing your entire rod line up. That's what happened to me.
In some respects I should start now being I don't have as many rods to replace, but I also just don't have the money to spend $350 on a rod. That's an entire race weekend for me!

Capt. BassinLou

Quote from: apiazza on January 20, 2020, 01:45:55 PM
In some respects I should start now being I don't have as many rods to replace, but I also just don't have the money to spend $350 on a rod. That's an entire race weekend for me!

Champions don't run $350. During certain times of the year, if you look around you may catch sales where you will find Champions for under $250.