CaddyALYanks "Bait Monkey YOU'RE FIRED" !!! (Confessional) Dos.....

Started by Lee Smith, November 01, 2019, 08:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smallie_Stalker

As much as I want a couple of the Kadens that are still available I made two big purchases and a couple smaller ones last month.

I will be buying a few small things this month but I'm saving as much as I can cause I got 2 more rods on my list I want by summer - the Xdtasy 725C and the Champ 764 CB. And of course those are each gonna need a new reel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Lipripper

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 06, 2020, 11:01:17 AM
As much as I want a couple of the Kadens that are still available I made two big purchases and a couple smaller ones last month.

I will be buying a few small things this month but I'm saving as much as I can cause I got 2 more rods on my list I want by summer - the Xdtasy 725C and the Champ 764 CB. And of course those are each gonna need a new reel.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Keep on feeding that monkey. lo lo

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

FishinBuck07

Went to the fishing expo in Columbus,Ohio Saturday, spent about 3 hours there.  Got some hand tied bladed jigs, hand tied 1/4 oz swim jigs from the same guy.  Also got some custom painted squarebill cranks, and a few bags of plastics.  Got a few things at Cabela's up the road from there also.  Then stopped at a local tackle shop on the way home that I hadn't been to in about 10 years, and found a Creed GT spinning reel to match the new Kaden spinning rod for $50, so saved some money there, also got some line for my spinning rods while I was there.  Got home and seen that American Legacy had the Lew's Tournament MP on sale for $119 so ordered two of those in the 8.3:1 ratio for the two new Kaden casting rods.  Definitely saved money on them!!  So now the monkey can leave me alone till end of the month, when my favorite tackle shop has their annual sale. ~b~

Lipripper

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on February 10, 2020, 06:40:16 AM
Went to the fishing expo in Columbus,Ohio Saturday, spent about 3 hours there.  Got some hand tied bladed jigs, hand tied 1/4 oz swim jigs from the same guy.  Also got some custom painted squarebill cranks, and a few bags of plastics.  Got a few things at Cabela's up the road from there also.  Then stopped at a local tackle shop on the way home that I hadn't been to in about 10 years, and found a Creed GT spinning reel to match the new Kaden spinning rod for $50, so saved some money there, also got some line for my spinning rods while I was there.  Got home and seen that American Legacy had the Lew's Tournament MP on sale for $119 so ordered two of those in the 8.3:1 ratio for the two new Kaden casting rods.  Definitely saved money on them!!  So now the monkey can leave me alone till end of the month, when my favorite tackle shop has their annual sale. ~b~
We want to thank you so much for feeding the monkey and making him happy for a little while.  lo You got some nice stuff and saved some money nothing bad about that. 8)

apiazza

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on February 10, 2020, 06:40:16 AM
Does this favorite tackle shop have a website? Asking for a friend...

I did place a small order to TW. Needed U40 and KVD line conditioner so naturally I added some stuff to get free shipping. Couple nutech jigs, a clipless crank, some bullet weights, wacky tool and a couple plano boxes. Don't even remember anymore lol.

Funny thing, I ordered some new gym shoes. They were 99.99. I had $20 off of $100 coupon so I threw a Googan jig on the list to be able to use it.

Oh, and I ordered a label maker off amazon to organize my tackle.

Oh and picked up a dry bag for the kayak at the outdoor show.

Crap the monkey got me and I didn't even realize it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Lipripper

Quote from: apiazza on February 10, 2020, 07:52:14 AM

I did place a small order to TW. Needed U40 and KVD line conditioner so naturally I added some stuff to get free shipping. Couple nutech jigs, a clipless crank, some bullet weights, wacky tool and a couple plano boxes. Don't even remember anymore lol.

Funny thing, I ordered some new gym shoes. They were 99.99. I had $20 off of $100 coupon so I threw a Googan jig on the list to be able to use it.

That monkey is real sneaky.  lo Thank you also for feeling him to keep him away from my house. ;D

FishinBuck07

Quote from: apiazza on February 10, 2020, 07:52:14 AM

Yes sir it does!  Fisherman's Central is the store.  Don't remember if it is only in store though.

znate80

Lipripper

Quote from: znate80 on February 26, 2020, 08:18:40 PM
Bait monkey strikes again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for feeding the monkey and keeping him away from my door.  lo I think that Monkey has tapeworms the more you feed him the more he wants.  ~roflmao

FishinBuck07

Quote from: Lipripper on February 27, 2020, 08:35:46 AM
Thanks for feeding the monkey and keeping him away from my door.  lo I think that Monkey has tapeworms the more you feed him the more he wants.  ~roflmao
Don't you worry Lip I will keep him away from you this weekend for sure!  lol  My local tackle shop is having their spring sale and usually spend quite a bit.   ;D

Smallie_Stalker

I had some eBay bucks and a couple of coupons so I picked up a couple of cranks and some Traps.

The Norman crank is a pre-Pradco model Deep Baby N in the color that has produced more fish for me in any colored water than any other.

The squarebill I got for $1.75. It's an H20 Xpress series 300. The color is similar to the Norman DBN and the price was right. I got a surprise when the bait arrived. Even though it wasn't in the listing this particular bait has a single knocker style weight instead of the normal rattles I was expecting. I consider this a happy bonus!

The 4 Traps are also Knocker style. I have very few other trap style baits with the knocker sound and I got these for a steal so I just had to add them.

I had these baits in my watch list for a while and they didn't sell and were re-listed several times so all 3 sellers made me a special offer and with my eBay bucks and coupons they were all offers I couldn't refuse.

At least that's what the monkey told me.  ::)  ~roflmao

Lipripper

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on February 27, 2020, 10:45:09 AM
Don't you worry Lip I will keep him away from you this weekend for sure!  lol  My local tackle shop is having their spring sale and usually spend quite a bit.   ;D
Thanks FishinBuck I really do appreciate you and Smallie feeding that monkey. ~c~ I'm going to have to put my blinders on soon and venture forth and go on line and get some Power Pro 30 lb Hi Viz line to respool my two reels I just got back from their spring tune ups and cleanings. I might bite the bullet and get some 6 or 8 lb  Hi Viz for my UL set up also.

caddyjoe77

BeerMe

Smallie_Stalker

Dink Dawg

I just saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO so I spent it on some plastics, buzzbaits and a new Daiwa Tatula Elite.  Take that monkey boy!

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: Dink Dawg on February 29, 2020, 03:58:09 PM
I just saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO so I spent it on some plastics, buzzbaits and a new Daiwa Tatula Elite.  Take that monkey boy!

lo

Which Tatula Elite did you get? Flip and Pitch?

FishinBuck07

Well as promised guys, I took care of the monkey for a lot of you today!  Spent almost $300 on soft plastics today at the store I buy most of my tackle at.  Better be set for the year now!   ~shade

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on February 29, 2020, 04:35:29 PM
Well as promised guys, I took care of the monkey for a lot of you today!  Spent almost $300 on soft plastics today at the store I buy most of my tackle at.  Better be set for the year now!   ~shade

But did you get every color of every bait you bought?  lo

FishinBuck07

Quote from: Smallie_Stalker on February 29, 2020, 04:55:55 PM
But did you get every color of every bait you bought?  lo
No sir!  Did that for a few years then realized I didn't need all those colors, just the usuals.   ~roflmao

fishballer06

Quote from: Dink Dawg on February 29, 2020, 03:58:09 PM

Excellent choice. I love my Elite!
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

fishballer06

In an attempt to fish more worms this year, I made an order with Manns and stocked up on some Jelly Worms. These classics still catch fish.

Dink Dawg

I got the 6.3 standard Elite.  I have a 8.1-1 Zillion HD on my pitchin' rod and a 9.1-1 Zillion HD on my flippin/braid rod.  The Elite is going on my spinnerbait/chatterbait rod. 

SteveTX

Quote from: fishballer06 on February 29, 2020, 07:56:51 PM
In an attempt to fish more worms this year, I made an order with Manns and stocked up on some Jelly Worms. These classics still catch fish.
Jelly Worms are the shit! I will always remember the grape smell of opening a package as a kid. Sadly they no longer juice them up like that.  :(

Capt. BassinLou

Dang on-line sales.... Got two relatively "new" to the market HB Frogs heading my way....  ~xyz ~xyz lo lo

Oh... and I'm pulling the trigger , and ordering a CH Extreme 795. SMH.... damn monkey!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao

fishballer06

Quote from: Bassinlou on March 11, 2020, 01:13:54 PM
Oh... and I'm pulling the trigger , and ordering a CH Extreme 795. SMH.... damn monkey!!  ~roflmao ~roflmao

That's a big boy stick! You should love it. I know I love my DX745c.