Help

Started by geneinnc, November 06, 2019, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

Sorry about the lack of reports. Been sick close to a month. I went out yesterday mainly to get feul ready for winter.

I checked 3 creeks and the bait fish have vanished.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Water temp was 67. I thought maybe the warm rip rap banks might work but 1 baby was all I hooked.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bud Kennedy

Gene, is your lake subject to turn over.  If so that kinda changes things

Mike Cork

Keep in mind that 67 is not cold at all. There will be bass very shallow. Look for any cover you can find from big boulders to a laydown. Also, with water temps in the upper 60's get as far back in creeks as you can, if you're not kicking mud, keep going. Topwater is a good choice in these kind of areas. Not all creeks will work but when you find one it can be really good. There are times you might only get one or two per creek but once you find how far back they are, don't waste time fishing all of a creek when you know the bites are coming from 3/4 the way back...

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

geneinnc

I tried all of that EXCEPT the top water. Kind of a rushed trip designed more for the boat than the fish.

Thanks Mike.  I'll put full effort in next trip.

geneinnc

Quote from: Bud Kennedy on November 06, 2019, 03:41:43 PM
Gene, is your lake subject to turn over.  If so that kinda changes things
Yes. It turned over a month or so ago. I was picking up some minor turnover though. I'm going to buckle down and find the fish. I have every creek on the lower half marked. Time to burn some gas.

Rangerman

Turn over will do it ~b~ Man I hate turnover. Most smart fishermen work on there boat when a lake is turning, But who's smart :shocking: :shocking: We drove to Cherokee and Douglas to fish turnover ~b~