Jan Bassin & Happy New Year 2020 & Home Front Activities

Started by Donald Garner, December 31, 2019, 10:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lipripper

Good afternoon everyone . Looks like we are in for a little We woke up to about 1/2 inch on the ground and it's still snowing. Nothing heavy just fluttering flakes off and on and I think it's suppose to be doing this off and on all day but no bitter cold stuff in the near future . Donald glad they figured out which knot heads did the damage and hope they do more than just a little slap on the wrist. Them kids need to learn that it's not ok to do what they are doing. Diana is going to try and drive back home tomorrow if she feels ok now that Rebecca is in house where she can be monitored . She likes the Doctors and they have already started changing her meds around to see if they can find the right combination to help her. If I have too I will take the 3 hour train ride up there to drive Diana back home. Bud that Grilled Cheese and tomato sandwiches sound good. We use to have Grilled Cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Rodney looks like y'all are getting a break from this snow system. How's them old joints doing?  Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

We started off with cloudy skies but ended up with sunny skies by mid afternoon.  Our forecasted temps for today were 36-56dgrs with 65% humidity.

Quiet day on the work front.  Everyone was behaving themselves for a change.  Not a lot going on around the home front.  I'm doing some laundry while the wife in doing some online shopping.   

Lip; Tks for the update on your daughter and wife.  I hope the wife has a safe trip back home.  We still have everyone in our daily prayers.

Rodney; Hope you got the aches and pains in check there. 

Bud; You still in that relax mode or you back at in the garage?

To everyone have a pleasant day tomorrow.  Be safe traveling in this wintery weather.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Oldfart9999

TGIF!!! TGIF!!! THE EAGLE FARTS TODAY!!! Spend it like you have it!!! Long live the monkey!!! 30 going down with possible flurries early then warming and cloudy, tomorrow mid to upper 30s with rain. :surrender: :surrender: Still not much going on, did the shopping yesterday, gimped my way through Wegmans, hit the library for a pick up of a couple books and a video I had on hold, the video was John Wick 3, unbelievable amount of bloodletting, wow, it was non stop action if that's what you're into and I am.
Bud, did you finish up the garage? How's Mrs. Bud doing, better I hope.
Lip, we're back to rain again, no freaking wonder my arthritis is up!!! :surrender: :surrender: So your wife and daughter are doing better, good news!!!
Donald, quiet is good whether at work or home!!! Not much doing here, waiting to get my injection, the knee has been bugging me enough to not go to the gym, be glad when I can get back. I think I need to stop watching fishing videos, I'm getting cabin fever big time. Still cleaning up the shop, an hour or so at a time, soon I'll start making some tool storage, the problem being it won't be wall mounted, the foundation is field stone, no mounting to that, it'll have to fit on the workbench I built and put against the wall and some shelf units I'm building.
Have a great day, stay well!!!
Rodney   
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

Lipripper

Morning everyone and it's overcast and hanging out around freezing. They are calling for 3 to 6 inches of snow by the time the weekend is over depending on which way the low moves. More to the North than most of it will be  ~rain more to the south then it will be more snow. Rodney hope them shots help go get back into action. Donald glad things have settled down at school for the time being. Bud how things going over by the beach and hows you organizing project going? Hope hope everyone has a great day and a nice weekend and be safe out there.

Donald Garner

Howdy from Belton, Texas  8)

We had a beautiful sunny day across Central Texas today  ~sun ~sun  Our forecasted temps were 39-63dgrs with 30% humidity.  We got a chance of some rain moving through our area tomorrow.

It was a nice quiet day at work.  I spent most of the afternoon helping the PTA setup the cafeteria and the main entry way.  They are sponsoring and hosting whet's call a Glow Event.  They got games for the kids to play, food for them to eat at a cost.  There's lots of fun activities going on from 6pm - 8pm at school tonight.  They got the gym blacken out with black paper and have numerous black lights all around inside.  The kids have this Glow in the Dark stuff they put on etc.  Its always a big hit with the kids every year.   The PTA does a great job of cleaning up afterwards also.  My night shift crew appreciated that as well as I do too.

Tomorrow is another day supporting the Special Olympics Basketball Team.  I'll more than like take movie in and watch it after getting everything set up for them.  I might clean the garage out tomorrow afternoon.  I need to download the Stratos prior to taking it to the marine dealership for some repairs.

Lip; Sounds like Ole Man Winter is paying you a visit.  Hopefully that forecasted snow fall won't be that bad.  So you heading up to pickup your wife or she going to drive down by herself?

Rodney; A few more days till you get the relief shot for your knee.  I went to the theater and seen John Wick 3.  Man I really enjoy watching that series.  No doubt about it there is some death dealing  and non-stop action done in all three of those movies.  I also like Denzel Washington's The Equalizer Movies 1 & 2.  Have you had the chance to watch either one of those?  Have fun with the shop cleaning.  I haven't watched a fishing video in a good while.  I'll get back into it come this Spring.

Bud; Whets happening down there in your parts?

To everyone have a pleasant and relaxing weekend.  Be safe traveling if you have to get out. 
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

The day was mostly sunny with forecasted temps being 52-62 dgrs with 69% humidity.  We have clearing skies later on tonight and into Monday.

Busy morning at work today.  After getting the Special Olympics Basketball Team squared away I had to clean up the cafeteria.  The PTA event was a success and for the most part they did a good job of cleaning up afterwards.  There was still some stuff left on the floor and out in the main foyer area.  I had to spot clean the restrooms prior to the Special Olympics personnel got there.

Last year the Theater Arts teacher asked me to pick up (2) securable cabinets.  This morning I went into her classroom and the students took the shelves out of one.  They decided to just put them back in any which way.  I fixed that crap by straighten out the shelves and placing them back in properly.  I then put (4) self driving screws into each shelf.  Everything is back as it should be and we'll now see how long that lasts  ::)

After getting home the wife informed me she wanted to go somewhere.  I took her down to Round Rock and had dinner at Salt Grass Steak House.  We stopped at the Bass Pro Shop on the way back home.  It's been a while since I visited the place.  I was checking out those $20,000.00 dollar All Terrain 4 Wheelers they had on display.  Wow I could not believe the price of those machines.  They were big and roomy but $20,000.00 dollars give me a break.

I left the Bait Monkey locked up at home during this trip.  I did pickup a new BPS Hoodie though.

You guys all have a relaxing weekend whets left of it.  Stay warm and be safe when traveling in this weather. 

Donald Garner

Good morning to everyone  8)

We have Bright Sunny Skies with the forecasted temps of 45-72dgrs with the humidity being 92%.   ~sun

We're off to church here in a little bit.  Lunch has yet to be determined.   There is nothing planned for the rest of the day except relaxing.  I might just spend the afternoon watching some Westerns  ~shade

To everyone have a relaxing and pleasant Sunday.  Stay warm and be safe out traveling  ;) 

Bud Kennedy

Pretty boring day today.  Bright and sunny outside but a bit chilly.  Temp did reach 60 but the breeze makes it a tad uncomfortable.  We took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood a while ago and then drove down to the launch ramp to check on the paving.  It appears to be finished but the lines have not yet been painted.  Lot is still blocked off but there was a couple trailers there so I guess some folks just moved the barrels and went in anyway.

Looking forward to a nice simple burger and fries meal tonight.  We have not had that for a while so it surely will be a treat.  Maybe almost as good as the super hot shower this morning.  It was one of those were you just could stand in there all day.  At least I finally got warm.

We attended a memorial service yesterday for a neighbor that we have known for the past 25 years.  Her entire family was here and presented a wonderful slide show of her life and shared some great stories of their mom/grandmother/.  These events are always an opportunity to celebrate a life versus morning the loss. 

Everyone have a great rest of the day.

Oldfart9999

Good morning!!! 33 headed to 32 then 34 then 33, snowrain, yep, one word, ugh, :surrender: arthritis doesn't know what to do, this has been an interesting and tough winter on the joints, could be worse though.
I had a call from a friend, we fished together out of my boat a fair amount but then he had a knee replaced and it was down hill from there. His name is Sherman, married but no kids, he's about 4 years older than I am, a really nice guy, I knew him as Eddie. Ed was quite a bass fisherman and taught me a lot. After his knee replacement he tried using his own boat and for a bit but then only out of mine. He sold 2 boats and a 'toon and would fish from shore but even that would dwindle and he wasn't comfortable in a boat. He called me yesterday to chat and it was great to hear from him, we haven't talked in almost a year. Besides just chatting he told me he has Parkinson's disease, that was a shock to say the least, he is divesting from most of his fishing gear, he had enough to stock a good size tackle store. He's down to soft plastics and rod/reel outfits. The plastics I I could take though I have enough to last me for a few more years but the outfits, 600 plus, are all older and while I want to replace a few reels, I don't need any more except for a couple of panfish rigs. I have to tell you that while I was glad to hear from him it was a bit unsettling hearing about the Parkinson's and him getting rid of all his gear, Eddie didn't need a reason to fish he just did, more than anybody I knew did.
Have a great day!!!
Rodney

Lipripper

Morning everyone and 32* and overcast  but no rain or snow and what snow we had is just about gone. Rodney sorry to hear about your friend. Your weather sounds a lot like mine up and down but at least we haven't had much of that bitter cold so far this winter. Sounds like your old joints are yelling at you. Bud how are things going down by the beach and it sounds like it shouldn't be much longer before they get that ramp opened back up again. Donald hope them knot heads and little darlings give you a few more days before they start back up again. Did you hear what the punishment was handed down to the ones that were caught yet? Well I will be jumping on a train tomorrow morning to go to Michigan to drive Diana back home. The new Rx she got for the pain from the shingles is helping a little with the pain but one of the side effects she is experiencing are lack pf coordination and slow thought processing. No way could she make that 2 and a half hour drive so I'm going up there tomorrow morning then driving her back home on Wednesday morning .  Everyone have a good day and be safe out there.

Bud Kennedy

Sure is boring around these parts.  Been a damp and cool day  with overcast skies.  Went for lab test this morning just for blood test.  Regular appointment to see the Dr. is Feb 6th.  Just all routine stuff hopefully.
Wife has to see the physical terrorist tomorrow.  It is making a difference and even she can see the improvements.

Finally getting around to replacing a couple of my favorite long sleeve tee shirts.  My beloved True South shirts are about 15 years old and have seen better days.  John, the owner of True South does not offer these any more so I had to order up a couple Daiwa long sleeve Tee shirts to take their place.  I just wanted plain ol Cotton shirts instead of the fancy materials most folks offer today.  The new style material is just to flimsy for my liking.  Besides they tend to show off my man boobs.  ;D ;D  while the simple cotton shirts do not.   ~c~ ~c~  The bad part about losing the weight has been all the skin that still hangs around the middle.  Currently I am about 60lb lighter than the day I retired a number of years ago.  I guess eating correctly versus all those fast food meals I used to eat on the road make the difference.

Donald Garner

Good evening to everyone,

We've had partly sunny skies for most of the day.  By mid afternoon a front had started moving through. Our forecasted temps for today were 39-53dgrs with 68% humidity.  We got some rain in our forecast for the next couple days.

Its been kinda quiet at work and I'm not complaining one bit.  Sunday afternoon I was out checking on the boats and riding lawn mowers.  I noticed the Troybilt had a flat tire.  I got the wheel off and checked it out.  I made a trip over to Temple Tire yesterday after work to get it fixed.  I finally got the wheel back on the mower after work today.  While the wheel was off I decided to grease the axle.

I need to take both the John Deere and Troybilt in for yearly services.  Something else to plan for in the near future.

Bud; Good luck with the upcoming physical.  I have one coming up in May.  Glad to hear the Physical Therapy is working out good for the wife. 

Lip; Have a pleasant train trip up to pick the wife up.  Ya'll enjoy the road trip back home.  Safe travels buddy.  Tks for the update on her illness and your daughter's situation.

Rodney; Sure sorry to hear about your friend Eddie.  So has the injections helped you knee pain any?

Guys you all have a pleasant day tomorrow.

Oldfart9999

HAPPY HAPPY HUMP DAY!!! 30 or so when I headed to the gym going to be right around there today, flurries/showers, clearing up later this afternoon, sunny and up to 40 or so tomorrow. YABADABADO!!! 30 on the elliptical this morning, the knee is a little sore but very very much better. I have 2 more rounds of injections and I'm very hopeful for a good outcome!!!
Lip, this winter is death by a thousand snow flakes, I wish it would just hit and stick around, this up and down and damp is not good for the arthritis or allergies. I'll push through til spring though.
Bud, good to hear your wife is seeing the improvement, it's an incentive to keep it up. I know about those routine check ups, 3 times a year it's blood work and 3 visits to the Doc, being diabetic it's the routine. I have my yearly eye exam coming up next month, I'll have my sunglasses ready. lo
Donald, quiet is good, hope the delinquents stay that way. I need to pull a wheel off the snowblower to have the valve stem replaced, the tire was going flat in less than a day, turns out to be the valve stem. When the tire is flat it pulls hard to that side and it's not easy to control, it's one of the reasons I've been shoveling. It was free, a cousin of my wife bought a new to him house and it came with it along with some other things, the driveway is 400 hundred or so feet long with several parking areas and no way was he going to do that. We went for a family reunion and he mentioned that he was going to put to the road edge with a sign "FREE", told him we needed one and he had several nephews put it in the back of my truck, nice being young. lo It worked well but I can't do part of the walkway/driveway with it, it's too big. It's a 9 horse 30 inch Craftsman, the horse power is good but a 24 inch would be a better choice, if I have to buy another one that's what I'll get. Free is free and a good thing so I take good care of it and shovel what I need to, this year I've been shoveling every time it snows, I've only fired it up 2 or 3 time. If we get a big storm it'll be running though.
Have a great day be well!!!
Rodney   

Bud Kennedy

It has been a grey and overcast cast day here at the beach.  Rain moving in overnight for a bit and an all day soaking rain is being forecasted for this coming Friday.  Temps remaining cool.  This cabin fever is getting me down.  The only thing I did all day was go to Walmart to pick up another month worth of prescriptions for the Mrs.  Walked through the fishing section and like always nothing worth looking at there.  I guess I am gonna have to take a trip up to Bass Pro just to look at fishing stuff.   I am not looking for anything just need to get out of here for a bit.  I think it would be a good time to hang out over a Northern Freight for a bit just to browse through all the toos.  I think I just need a little alone time or man time looking at stuff through the window of my nothing box.  We also went to the DMV to renew the Wife's handicap card for her vehicle. 

Very simple meal planned for tonight.  We are having a cup of chicken corn chowder and a salad.  I have a hunch that won't be enough for me so I might have to top it off with a ham sandwich.  She who shall be obeyed is getting hungry so I guess I gotta go rustle up some grub.   Everyone have a good evening.

Donald Garner

Greetings from Belton, Texas  ;)

We had mostly sunny skies with some pretty strong winds today.  Our forecasted temps were 38-55dgrs with 58% humidity across Central Texas today.

It was a slack day until 30minutes prior to coming home.  One of our Special Needs kid somehow or another dropped his iPad under the small gym bleachers.  These bleachers are sealed for the most part and it's really a painful operation to get stuff back from underneath.  It took some figuring out but I managed to get the iPad from underneath the bleachers  ;)

Bud;  You need to get out of that house and go visit your Ranger, head over to the BPS like you mentioned.  We have to do that on occasion.  We took off last Saturday afternoon just to get out of the house for dinner down in Round Rock.  After the meal we stopped at the BPS just to look around.  I wound up buying a new hoodie and that was it.   

That meal you fixed sounded good.  I had a simple meal tonight myself of a 4 meal sandwich with some corn chips and some small pickles with a Pepsi.   You all done with the garage cleaning project?  I don't remember see that your were or wasn't.

Rodney; You old Gym Rat   ~bb  Glad you were able to get out and back into your routine somewhat. 
Wow that is a long drive way buddy.  Fore sure a bigger snow removal machine is needed to accomplish that mission.  Don't wait to long to get that tire fixed on that blower.  You never know you might get dumped on over night.

Lip; Hope you had a pleasant trip to pickup the wife.  Be safe in your travels back home. 

Guys you all have a relaxing evening and I hope tomorrow is a better day for youns.   

Bud Kennedy

Another cool day but finally some sun a little bit ago.  Temps dropping to the upper 30s tonight before a front comes through tomorrow afternoon bring what appears to be a lot of rain.  So bottom line it is just more of the same.

Donald, I have not done any more orgainizing in the garage until I can bring the boat home and clean out all the excess tackle.  Then I will be able to finish the process.  Hoping to do it sooner vs later but the weather looks to remain cool for a while.  I also want to charge up the batteries on the boat and take it to the launch so I can run the boat up and down the river a little bit.  As I said earlier It would be nice to have a bit warmer weather to do that.  The launch ramp isn't open yet due to the construction of the parking lot but when it does open I will be hot to go.

Got a text message from the bait monkey and he is wondering where I have been.  I guess I might have to run up to bass pro tomorrow to pay a visit even though it is not my favorite place to go. The only stuff I want to buy is some terminal tackle stuff that I want to put eyes on before I buy.  Might want to look at some crank baits while there just to see them but not buy unless there are some improved pricing sales.

Lipripper

Good evening everyone and it's been a little hectic around here since I got home yesterday afternoon from picking up Diana in Michigan. She is still in extreme pain from the shingles but at least the meds are taking the edge of the pain off a little. I pray that I never get them. Rodney no snow over here either and we are having them up and down temps also. Donald glad you were able to get the kids his IPAD back. Bud you keep the bait monkey over by the beach. Boy if it gets down to the 30 tonight y'all going to freeze.  lo Hope everyone has a great day and be safe out there.

Oldfart9999

Evening all!!! Chilly day, temps in the teens, partly sunny. Shopping day, always a fun time wandering through Wegmans, we no longer have the plastic bags for our groceries, the brain trust which is our state elected officials decided we no longer need them time to switch to reusable, a lot of us are upset, the cashiers the most, makes their job harder. We use the plastic bags for garbage bags, many if not most do the same, when they run out we'll have to buy garbage bags, it's all part of stopping the flooding in the spring. Didn't make the gym today, over slept, tomorrow is another day.
Lip, at least Diane is home, hopefully she'll be recovering, you're in our daily prayers.
Bud, cabin fever sucks, big time. I've been watching wired2fish videos, it doesn't help.
Donald, st least the kid dropping his tablet wasn't malicious. The knee is feeling much better and it makes it a lot easier to deal with the other crap, my next shot is Monday.
Rodney

Donald Garner

Good evening to all,

We had mostly cloudy skies with forecasted temps of 36-46dgrs with 82% humidity across Central Texas today.  We got some cooler temps forecasted for the upcoming weekend.

It was mostly a quiet day until mid afternoon.  We had (2) lil Darlings fighting over a finger nail polish bottle.  We'll to make a long story short here a section of the 2nd floor hallway is being stripped tonight.  I'll be applying wax to it this weekend while working with the Special Olympics.

The principal talked to me prior to going home wanting to know if the kids could help clean up the mess.  I informed him beings we'd be using chemicals it wouldn't be possible for them to help.  So we'll see what happens to those two.    There's never a dull moment working at the school.

I was thanked numerous times today for getting that kid's iPad back.  We were just lucky this time.   

Rodney;  Over sleeping WHAT :-\  There is nothing wrong with that at all  ;)  We have a couple stores near us that don't have any bags at all.  You have to bring your own OR buy their brand of their cloth carry bags.   When I go to Wal Mart I always get extra bags as we use them for trash bags also  ~shade  Glad you're feeling a lot better and I hope those additional knee shots help with the process also.

Lip; Glad you and your wife made it home safely.  Tks for the update on your wife's condition.  We still have everyone there in our daily prayers.

Bud;  Tks for the garage reorganization update.  We've gotten some cooler weather here also from this last front that moved through.  My Stratos hasn't been in the water since the Fishing for Freedom Tournament back in Oct.  I do need to go out there and charge the batteries up in it and my G3.  Nolan Lake is so low I can't even launch my G3 now.  I've not had it in the water since Aug.

That boat ramp parking lot project is that being done by the Corp of Engineers or a local contractor?  Sure seem like they're taking their time with getting it done.

We have everyone in our daily prayers asking for relieve of the aches and pains. Guys I hope you all have a pleasant day tomorrow.

Bud Kennedy

Finally a warm up is on the way.  The window has opened to bring the boat home on Sunday and remains good till Wednesday afternoon.  I will finally get to take action on my tackle organization project.  Will also get the batteries all charged and if the ramp is open, we are going for a ride on the river. It has been about a month since our last outing.

Donald Garner

Greetings to everyone,

Its Friday finally  :surrender:  We had mostly sunny skies with forecasted temps of 34-56 dgrs with 46% humidity across Central Texas today  ~sun  The weekend ahead is looking pretty nice weather wise also. 

It was quiet on the school front today.  Tomorrow is another Saturday supporting the Special Olympics Basketball team.  After I get things setup for them I'm going to wax the damaged area on the 2nd floor.  After work tomorrow I'm going to rearrange the garage.  I got several bags of mulch that needs to be moved out to the shed. 

I'm then going to pull the cover off the Stratos and download everything into the garage.  One day next week I'm going to take the Stratos and drop it off at Texas Boat World.  Hopefully they'll have what I want done by Spring Break.

Bud; Glad to hear the weather is cooperating so you can get the Ranger out. 

Rodney; How's the Old Gym Rat doing today :-\  Well I hope  ~shade

Lip; You getting the wife all settled back in to her house ~shade  Hope she is feeling better.

Our Feb Thread title is > Feb Bassing / Valentine's Day / Home Front Activities Happenings.

Guys you all have a relaxing evening and an enjoyable weekend ahead. 

Lipripper

Afternoon everyone and hope y'all had a good day. It's been a cloud covered day. The  ~sun came out for about ten seconds then went away again. They say it's suppose to get up to 50* tomorrow and  ~sun we will have to wait and see. Donald Diana's pain is just getting worse and worse. She has a follow up with her Doctor on Monday maybe he can give a something more for her pain. Hope everyone has a nice weekend and be safe out there.