Lizzy Lake 1/4-1/5

Started by LgMouthGambler, January 05, 2020, 11:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LgMouthGambler

Annual trip to Grandpa Mark's for his Birthday weekend. We got up here Friday night at about 930. I launched the boat and played around in the dark for a few hours. No takers, but I did see some catfish swimming around using my flashlight. At one point I was in a cove and apparently spooked something that made a big splash as it jumped out of the water. We both scared the hell out of each other. Lol.

The next morning I got up and left the house at about 6am and headed to Bridgemasters. They redid the place a bit. Not as many bulk bait options as there used to be. Its OK though, they had box of smaller size swimbaits that I decided to fill a bag up of. Left the bag on the front counter so I could walk around and scope out the new layout. Nothing really struck my fancy, but I did grab me a new Buff as I cant find my other one. I like to have 2, especially at night in mosquitoeville. Lol. I got to the counter and apparently I had 5lbs of those swimbaits. Lol.

Back to the lake I went, and tried my luck with the new bait while out with the boy. Success! We boated one! That was the only one of the day as we couldn't do much fishing with the party going on. Plus, the rain started coming through as we got a nasty front.

This morning I woke up to 40 degree weather. Yay! FML! It was cold! But, I wasnt the only A hole on the water. Lol. There was the guy across the lake fishing for Crappie. Anyways, I managed to find one in a protected area of the lake, fishing a swimbait really sloooooow. Then I headed over the East side and found one in a pad field. Now its 1030 in the morning, and the wind started picking up hard. That's it, I'm done! I was really cold, and not in the mood. Lol.

The boy and I just took our final ride about an hour ago, and I loaded the MudPuppy up after that.

3 fish the whole weekend, and as always challenging weather conditions.

Enjoy some pictures.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

big g

Nice report Matt.  Quality family time, doesn't get much better then that! ~c~
(Fish) - P/B 11.4, Everglades, L67, L28, Little 67, Alligator Alley, Sawgrass, Holey Land, Loxahatchee, Ida, Osbourne, Okeechobee, Weston Lakes. Broward and Dade Canals.

FLO GROWN

Good stuff looks like a cool lake bro

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

"Tight lines"

FishaHallic

17' Grizzly w/40hp etec, micro powerpole,  Lowrance Elite 9 TI 2  9lbs 15oz PB     2021 winner of Ted and Dave's spring classic
                            TRUTH MATTERS

Capt. BassinLou

Very cool!! Minus the cold front.  lo Appreciate the report.  ~beer~

FlatsNBay

Bridgemasters was bought out by new owners. They raised the price on their bulk soft plastics. It's still a great place.

Did you haul your boat up there?

Thanks for the report.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

LgMouthGambler

Quote from: FlatsNBay on January 05, 2020, 08:46:30 PM
Bridgemasters was bought out by new owners. They raised the price on their bulk soft plastics. It's still a great place.

Did you haul your boat up there?

Thanks for the report.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Yes. I always take my boat.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.