I am thinking about building a set of steps for the trailer. A few of the things I think I need/want are:
A small platform on the tongue so I can run the winch without balancing on the 4" wide tongue
A Handhold or pole of some sort for balancing. Either on the outside of the top step or centered on the trailer tongue like a stripper pole
And lastly I want it to be super stable.
1. How many people have the steps on their trailers, and do you really use them?
2. Is there any interference between the steps and the truck bumper?
3. Does the step need to be big enough for both feet or is a smaller/narrow step just as good?
4. How close to the level of the boat deck is your top step? Flush or one step down?
5. Are there any options you wish you had for your steps? Ie. extra step, Lighted steps, or ??
Thanks in advance for the help!
PS. Looking through older threads I saw Bud was looking at D steps. Did you ever get them?