Korea bass fishing report - Nakdong River - 2020, Friday the 13th

Started by Bassinkorea, March 14, 2020, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Despite the date, my son and I decided we'd get the boat on the river for some spring fishing.
Since he is only 5, we waited until the day warmed up a bit. We fished from 11am ~ 4pm.

We caught a bunch of fish in the first hour or so, then we moved around a bit and the bites were hard to come by. Overall we had a great day out on the water together.
Bass were biting baby brush hogs on a free rig and straight tail worms fished on a dropshot.

Air temps = 50~60*
Water temps = 51~52*
Sunny/hazy skies with little to no wind.

Check here for the photos.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Capt. BassinLou

Thank you for the report BK. 5 hours on the water with a 5 year old is a huge success. WTG Dad!!

Donald Garner

Steve,

Tks for sharing the trip and pictures with us.  Glad your son had a good day out on the water.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

Way to go Steve some quality time spent with your son doing something y'all love to do.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Mike Cork

That water is warming nicely, you'll be in full spawn before you know it. I remember Korea used to jump from winter to spring seemingly overnight..

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Bassinkorea

Thanks guys  :)

Quote from: Mike Cork on March 16, 2020, 01:07:06 PM
That water is warming nicely, you'll be in full spawn before you know it. I remember Korea used to jump from winter to spring seemingly overnight..

Yes it does, and even more so in the last few years. On top of that, we had a very mild winter.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)