First nice bass of 2020

Started by Pacific NW Ron, March 16, 2020, 08:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific NW Ron

Got out today for some serious fishing for the first time in 2020.  Not a bad start with a nice 4.7lb and another one about 1.5lb.

Fishing report for March 16,2020
Temp at launch: 41        Temp when quit:55
Fished from    9:45 to  2:30
Wind: Light and variable
Sky conditions: Clear
Water Temp and color:  47* stained with about 6" visibility
Lake was still pretty high.  Lots of new wood around the shoreline.
I caught my first fish of 2020, a nice 4.7lbs. at about 10:30.  Good start to the year.  Fished till 1:15 before I got the second one a 1.5lber and that was it for the day.  That was the only two bites of the day.  Going to give it another try on Wednesday.
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

Bud Kennedy

Way to go Ron, It looks like you have a new hat.

Pacific NW Ron

Thanks.  No new hat.  Just washed it though.  Two years old. 
Enjoying retirement in the great Pacific Northwest.  I've turned into a fair weather angler.  Why do it today when I can do it tomorrow?

SteveTX

Hey Ron what was ya using for bait? Looks like some good bullrush behind ya. I pitch a nice t-rig or a jig right up in the cracks of that stuff with good results usually.

Capt. BassinLou

I'm sure it feels great to be back on the water. Nice looking bass, thank you for sharing Ron.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report Ron and nice looking fish. ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet

Pacific NW Ron

Quote from: SteveTX on March 16, 2020, 09:31:00 PM
Hey Ron what was ya using for bait? Looks like some good bullrush behind ya. I pitch a nice t-rig or a jig right up in the cracks of that stuff with good results usually.

Yeah I do throw a jig in there quite often.  This one was caught on a jig with a  swimbait trailer bouncing it on the bottom in open water.

Donald Garner

Ron, tks for sharing the trip details and picture with us.  That's a Great Start into the New Year   ;)
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Mike Cork

Awesome bass, still pretty cold over that way though.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service