2020 UBCS Canceled

Started by Jared LeBlue, March 25, 2020, 09:40:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared LeBlue

Guys we waited and deliberated on this for the last week and now we have come to the point where we  have to cancel this year's UBCS. This decision was not made lightly but with everything going on many of the participants were just not going to be able to make it and of course we want to make sure that everyone stays safe and out of harms way so tonight we came to the decision to cancel. For all those that rented cabins at the park I do believe they are offering full refunds or a transfer to another date, whichever you choose. Again I am sorry that we had to cancel but hopefully everyone understands.
Ardent Prostaff

Mike Cork

This was a very tough decision, Jared from Lock Jaw and Chip from UBCS communicated regularly on this. Jared has access to Intel that most don't on what the Governor is thinking and Chip has access to what the base up here is thinking. And both have lockdowns that the regular public don't hear about. That said, the San Miguel park facilities are closed per the current governors order. I spoke with the park and they are giving full refunds.

All that aside, TCTC has at least three members I can think of off the top of my head that have severely compromised immune systems and have to take COVID 19 very serious.

All this rambling to say thank you to Jared and Chip for working this and not just cancelling up front, which would have been easy.

I would still love to see a get together this summer if this all blows over. We'll just have to see... Maybe Jared can open his front lawn to a couple campers ~shade

Thank you everyone for understanding
Mike and Laurie Cork

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BHubb

Just checking to see if anyone has received a refund from San Miguel park? 

Mike Cork

Not yet, back at the beginning of April they said six weeks. So I expect it anyday.

Cork's Reel Service

Chip Harm

I just received mine either yesterday or Wednesday.
Chip

www.elitetungsten.com

Mike Cork

Quote from: Chip Harm on May 15, 2020, 07:00:29 PM
I just received mine either yesterday or Wednesday.

Did they send a check or a credit you your card?

Cork's Reel Service

Jared LeBlue

I got my mine last week. They put it back in my bank account.
Ardent Prostaff

Chip Harm

Quote from: Mike Cork on May 18, 2020, 03:27:41 PM
Did they send a check or a credit you your card?

Mike,, they just credited the card I used to make the reservation.

Chip

www.elitetungsten.com

Mike Cork

I guess I need to call them again. If everyone for the weekend is getting their money that tells me they are rolling down a calendar line. Even if it was alphabetical C comes before H ~b~ It's always got to be the hard way, we call it cork luck around here...

Cork's Reel Service