Picked up a new pistol today

Started by BrandonK, April 01, 2020, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandonK

Given the uncertainty in the world, especially right now, I thought it would be a good idea to pick up another pistol to supplement my tiny little .380 EDC. Plus, let's be honest, any excuse to add another toy is a good one. I was out in TN last month handling tornado damages and made some OT, so I thought I'd treat myself by spending a small fraction of it.

Went to my LGS and took a peek at what they had there and came across something I didn't even know about. Made the half mile drive home and did a little research and convinced myself it was a good buy (especially at the price he had it at!). Drive back over and bought it, came home and did a strip and clean. Very excited to put some rounds through it if I can find some damn ammo

Springfield XDM Elite 5.25"
9mm
3x 22rd mags
Interchangeable back straps

This sucker is biggggg. It's a target/competition pistol and I think it's gonna be a blast to shoot

I will update thread once I've had a chance to get some rounds through it, but here's some pics. That second pic is next to my Springfield 911

Smallie_Stalker

I'll be following this thread. Interested to hear your thoughts all around.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

FD

That is bigggg!  But for fun shooting bigger and heavier almost always equal less recoil.

FYI - cheaper than dirt sent me an email this morning about ammo on sale.

If you don't have pieces leftover, you didn't put it back together right...
Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

Mike Cork

Now that's a hand held cannon.... I bet it shoots very nicely. Keep us posted ~c~

Congratulations on a new toy :toot:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Captsteve

Very nice

Any day fishing, is a good day.

Steve
Headed for the Lake

Princeton_Man

If a time comes that SHTF, bigger is better. 22 rounds, no waiting.  ;D
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

gtrpickr

Nice, I had an XDS and I really liked it felt and shot real nice, my son liked it more so I let him get. I have wanted to try out some of the bigger semi autos from Springfield so ill be looking out for an update on your experience with it.

caddyjoe77

have an XDM 9 mm -- great weapon to have stored around the house in case  ;D
BeerMe

Deadeye

Nice. Bet it will be fun to shoot. Hard to conceal though if that's your goal.

I got "more than one" option myself. Like you more often than not the .380 is the edc. So easy to hide and forget it's there, weight wise.

Single stack 9's are not to bad either.

when it's time for more Firepower I carry the Glock 23. 13 rds of .40. (also have 15 rds mags for it.)

BrandonK

Quote from: Deadeye on April 02, 2020, 08:51:25 AM
Nice. Bet it will be fun to shoot. Hard to conceal though if that's your goal.

I got "more than one" option myself. Like you more often than not the .380 is the edc. So easy to hide and forget it's there, weight wise.

Single stack 9's are not to bad either.

when it's time for more Firepower I carry the Glock 23. 13 rds of .40. (also have 15 rds mags for it.)
On the same page with the EDC. I appendix carry and don't even know it's there

I might be able to carry this in cold weather with lots of layers, but it's still real big. This is just for fun and for sitting on my nightstand (and because I just think it's a cool piece). I really liked my XD Mod.2 SC and I kind of regret selling it.

Unfortunately, given the current situation, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get out and shoot unless I find someone with a private outdoor setup

fishballer06

Recoil should be very mild on that, given the size of it. I hope you enjoy it!
3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament