Daiwa Lexa reel

Started by PSUangler, March 17, 2020, 07:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUangler

Anyone have experience with the Daiwa Lexa WN reels?  The are discontinued = sale.  I need a 300 size reel for my swimbait/a-rig rod.

LgMouthGambler

Not a "true" Daiwa, but none the less, a solid platform.
My wife says she is gonna leave me if I go fishing one more time........lord how I will miss that woman.

caddyjoe77

take a look at the coastal as well IMO
BeerMe

PSUangler

Quote from: LgMouthGambler on March 18, 2020, 09:21:07 AM
Not a "true" Daiwa, but none the less, a solid platform.

I did not know Daiwa outsourced some models.

cojab

I was close to buying the Lexa but settled on the Lews Super Duty 300 because of price. I haven't tried it yet, but soon.
I'd be very interested to hear what you think of the Lexa if you get it.
TTK has spoken.

PSUangler

i ended up ordering the same lews super duty 300.  I reel lefty and wanted a slower gear ratio, so it really limited the options.

cojab

Lefty here as well. I'll be trying mine hopefully next week.
TTK has spoken.

cojab

Spent some time with the Super Duty today. I did nothing to it out of the box besides spool up some backing, 65 lb Power Pro, and a short mono leader. I paired it up with a Diawa heavy swimbait rod and was throwing a MegaBass Magdraft Freestyle on it with a 3/16ths 6/0 swimbait hook.
The reel did well except a small ticking on the retrieve later in the day. Nothing I'm sure a good clean and lube wont take care of. It was comfortable in hand but the big knobs on the handle will take some getting used to for me. Unfortunately I didn't get to test out the drag on it.
TTK has spoken.