Bluff Creek

Started by fishingram24, April 16, 2020, 07:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Broke quarantine again on a cool, for us, April day. Intended to fish lower marsh but after about 10 minutes of runtime I decided to stop in the creek to let my hands warm up and it turned into a good choice. Early morning temps were in the upper 40's with N winds 15-20 forecast all day and clear skies, fast rising tide in spite of the strong north wind, water temps 68-72 and fairly clear water visibility. Caught 8 legal fish and 20-30 altogether all on T rigged plastic. Fish were on the back side of small grassy points and the mouths of drains in 4-8' of water exactly where you expect them under these conditions. Normally would have caught them using a fast moving bait due to how fast the water was moving but they wouldn't touch anything but the plastics for me. Good day and very few boats out for a change.     
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Lee Smith

That's a great day, post front high and everything!  ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Donald Garner

Congrats on the catching there.  Tks for sharing the trip with us also.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and sounds like you had a good day of practicing your social distancing.  ~c~ ~c~

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet