Hapcheon Lake Fishing Report 28 May 20

Started by Nardecchiad, May 31, 2020, 03:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardecchiad

Temps 55 morning/78 afternoon
Fished Hapcheon Lake for the first time on my maiden voyage of my new fishing tube. There is a load of fish in this lake. I got 12, they were all healthy but I couldn't find the big ones. There is a ton of baitfish also so I know the big ones are in there. The lake appeared to be up quite a bit from the photos on google maps. I tried to launch from a creek arm in the northern end of the lake but it was closed off. I lauched from the resort area on the northern end of the lake. There is a good deal of bank to fish from up there also if you cant get onto the water. The guys fishing from the bank were catching them also. I could get bit on topwater or cranks. I caught all my fish on a dropshot or a texas rigged green pumpkin trick form. Looking forward to the next trip out there. I uploaded one photo and will upload additional photos when I figure out how to condense the size down to meet the requirement.

Bassinkorea

Glad to hear you got out on Hapcheon and caught some. Good job on the catching and thanks for coming back and posting the report.

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on May 31, 2020, 05:14:36 AM
Glad to hear you got out on Hapcheon and caught some. Good job on the catching and thanks for coming back and posting the report.

Thanks for the info, it came in handy. Wish I could have launched from that creek arm it really looked fishy. They had the road blocked and they had a net blocking the entrance to it from the main lake.

Bassinkorea

You can get around that net if you stick to bank near the soccor ground. Head towards the bridge then you can get around it. I got around it with my boat.
You could probably go straight over the top ot it too. It is an awesome creek that definately holds fish.

There is another smaller creek just a few 100 yards downstream of that creek, straight over from the soccor ground. You can see it on maps. There is an underwater bridge and road bed in there.

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Nardecchiad

Quote from: Bassinkorea on May 31, 2020, 07:40:51 AM
You can get around that net if you stick to bank near the soccor ground. Head towards the bridge then you can get around it. I got around it with my boat.
You could probably go straight over the top ot it too. It is an awesome creek that definately holds fish.

There is another smaller creek just a few 100 yards downstream of that creek, straight over from the soccor ground. You can see it on maps. There is an underwater bridge and road bed in there.

Thanks! I didn't know if it was cool to go beyond that net. I will work my way up there my next trip out, I really wanted a crack at that area. I think it would be especially good on a hot day with all that cover and shaded areas.

Lipripper

Thanks for the report and glad you got out and caught some fish. That does look like a good place to fish.

Kats Rule And Bass Drool.Viet Nam Vet