Bass Fishing Forum Bass Fishing Forum

Site Slogan

News: NEW FORUM! Yes, this is UB! Feedback HERE!

Full Report on Lake Saint Clair

(Read 418 times)

BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER SUPPORT UB

Rangerman

• Ultimate Basser
A very good trip over all, we did not get the big body count we have in the past,  lo Each of out boat we had 5 were catching 25- 40 smallie's a day up to 5 lb. Most in 2-3 lb class. Our boat did get two over 5lb.
Most fish were caught in 8-10 foot out of Selfridge Air Force Base landing, we did go out of 9 Mile last day Saturday due to all other ramps packed at 6am. Good news ramp fee waived because they did not want to touch money or credit cards lo lo Fact, but the Hotels did not mine. Last day my buddy Charlie and I boated 50 plus SM's four Black Drum over 5lb, and about 50 Googley Eyes aka Rock bass.  Weather good, wind was not so good all out of the SE or NE.  East is least and West is the best. Trip one way was 700 miles from Lake Norman gas price down from last few years. Gas was $1.69 here and was 2.05 to 2.29 up North.
Lake Saint Clair true bucket list lake, I been going 10 years once or twice a year. Guys you need to get in on your list of fishing to get done. We thinking of getting a crew to go next year early spring for a week or so and leave there for St. Lawrence Sea Way, and maybe Champaign.  Remember a moving target is harder to hit lo Please don't litter if the riots come to your area, " Police Your Brass" lo lo

Bud Kennedy

• Life Member
  • PFD's and KILL SWITCHES SAVE LIVES
Some more questions.  How did the trailer perform on the trip and how did the new motor do?

Rangerman

• Ultimate Basser
Great after axles swapped.  Factory Axle's were indexed wrong or clocked. Worked great no  side to side wobble as before lo  Tires are in good shape after the trip.  Before burned two or three tires on the trip due to wrong index on axles.  All seems to be fine so far,  Great trip lots of fish. Better new is I think the Rangertrail is fixed.  Thank You Angler Choice  for getting in fix, above and beyond service.  Same on Ranger for wrong indexed light and wrong indexing. ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~ ~b~
Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:45:20 PM by Rangerman

Rangerman

• Ultimate Basser
Big deal is I got rubber on the ground ;)  Burned tires off last two trips. ~b~ ~b~  OK and working. Tanks Anglers Choice.  ~c~ Tires look new after this trip for the first time after 2000 mile round trip. think they got if fixeds  ~c~ ~c~ Thanks Angler Choice for dealing with factory problem.  Best to Sandi, Nick and Randy y'all Da Best. ~c~ Trailer did great for the first time on long trip, with proper indexed axles, heaver axles and No side to side wobbly ;D I did get the Huck a Buck  lo but that was due to the pot holes and dipped out payment lo  Far as I know all is well in the Ranger  Ready Room  on Lake Norman
Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:39:35 AM by Rangerman