SJHT CARNEGIE Lake Club Results Sat. 08-15-20

Started by BigNasty06, August 16, 2020, 09:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigNasty06

Place: CARNEGIE LAKE, Princeton, NJ
Date: Sat. August 15, 2020
Time: 6:00am-2:00pm
Weather: Semi cloudy and ovecast at the start.  Comfy 69 degree start warming up to a decent 84 Degrees. This led to sporatic blue bird skies.
Water Temps: 75 Degrees up in the creek while main body flucuated between 78 Degrees up to 81 degrees by days end.
Water Clarity: 2.0'
Wind Gust: 5-10 mph
Best Lure:  Shaky heads, crankbaits, Finesse Worms, & Beavers
Depths fished: 3'~5'
Limit: 3 Bass 

----------------------------------------------
Round 8 of the SJHT 2020 Season brings us to CARNEGIE Lake where there are always pretty good bags brought to the scales.  I can say Bass were caught but more on the dink size.

So CARNEGIE LAKE presented the club with this early morning imagery!!

So.....

Saturday, SJHT had 17 members came out to do battle on our 8th official tournament of the 2020 season. It was a grind but anglers still competed till the end.
Without further adieu, please give a big congrats to 1st place and Lunker winner Jackson *I'm back* Fu for weighing in 3 Bass going 8.20lbs. Fu's Lunker went a decent 4.19lbs.    Dennis *Jiggen Den* Tolentino took 2nd Place  with 3 Bass going 7.60lbs.   3rd Place was won by Rookie Paul *I got here Early Today* T. with 3 Bass going 4.30lbs.
Miscelleneous was won by that Misc. GuRu Mick *Call Me Shark Nado*  J. with a 2.60lb Pickera!

CARNEGIE LAKE TALE OF  TAPE:

Jackson's 1st Place and Lunker Bag:

Jiggen Den's 2nd Place:

Paul *1st Time out at Carnegie* T. Not Bad 3rd Place:
Pic N/A

Mick J. Miscelleneous Winner 2.60lb Pickeral:

Other Anglers Bags of Bass:
Brandon K. 3 Keepers:

Rob's lone Keeper:

Wayne *Moe* N. Keeper:

Bill *The Hammer* L. Keeper:

Other images and key areas on the water...

BN06 exploring areas previously unfished....

Princeton U. Boat House:

Vacant Dorms.....

Summary:  CARNEGIE Lake today was a grind. Anglers caught Bass but most were below the 12" size limit size.  The water level seemed a little higher than typical.  The extra fallen trees and limbs provided additional fish cover and ambush points for unsuspecting species.  Didn't catch 1st keeper till 3hrs in.  Loss another 1 by spitting the hook.   Other plentiful bites were from the Perch nibbling at my shaky head.  Bass were caught in all areas of Carnegie Lake.  Anglers report losing some giants also near the wood.

In All, 14 out of 17 SJHT Anglers caught at least 1 Bass.   There were only 26 total Bass caught overall. Carnegie Lake Bass gave way to total of 43.0lbs caught overall.  This was 11 more Bass caught and approx. 3lbs more than the number caught at the PINK. 

The avg. weight came out to be 1.65lbs compared to the PINKs 2.71lbs. avg.   5 Anglers caught at least there 3 Bass Limit.  Excellent club turnout on a pretty much cool, partly cloudy, semi late windy day.  There were plenty of Kaykers and canoe patrons on the waterways.  One pleasure rower almost ran into me.  Fortunately, my whistle and screaming voice came in hand.

Congrats to Jackson, Jiggen Den, Paul T. and Mick *The Misc. GuRu* J. on your performanaces.

Next up is SALEM CANAL in 1 week.

Tightlines,
BN06