I found flat worms!

Started by geneinnc, August 27, 2020, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

You have to be hiding out if you haven't heard about the Berkley PowerBait MaxScent Flat Worm that is sold out everywhere. It has won most every tournament  this summer and Berkley is working 24/7 trying to get some on the shelf.

There is another way. Big Bite Baits still makes a flatworm also. The 4.5 version is so close! ( Berkley is the bottom bait)

Berkley makes an attraction gel and it smells identical to their lure. Best grab some before word gets out!

Grab some cheap plastic dunk your baits for  couple days and get the drop shot rig ready. I know these worms work, wacky or Niko.
I know it's not the real thing but you have a much better story if works too.

I hope it works for you all.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

Thanks for the info Gene.  ~c~

I stocked up on the Berkley Max Scent Flat Worms when they first came out. Fishing them on a drop shot saved the day for me on a fishing trip last year. I left a report on here somewhere but I didn't go into much detail because I was actually doing a review of some other baits and the Flat Worms on a drop shot ended up being what the majority of the fish wanted that day.  :-*

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

rich12

Earlier this year, my local Wal Mart a full Berkley Scent.  Think there was about 80 bottles on it.  They had it marked a 50 cents to close it out because it wasnt selling in Wally World.   Bought every single bottle of it.  It is good stuff.

Mike Cork

This is a great idea, I don't use a lot of power baits down here in Louisiana. Mostly because a bag of 12 inch ribbon tails is expensive and you get 4  ~roflmao

But this I could try on other baits ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Oldfart9999

I've done that for a couple of decades, open a bag of what you're going to use then pour some scent in close the bag and squish it around. When you need a bait it's all set for you.
Rodney
Old Fishermen never die, their rods just go limp.

ranger175a

That trick got me second place in my local Sunday morning tournament. Dreamshot soaked in berkley power scent.

Lightening Rod

ohiobass

Quote from: geneinnc on August 27, 2020, 01:12:13 PM
You have to be hiding out if you haven't heard about the Berkley PowerBait MaxScent Flat Worm that is sold out everywhere. It has won most every tournament  this summer and Berkley is working 24/7 trying to get some on the shelf.

There is another way. Big Bite Baits still makes a flatworm also. The 4.5 version is so close! ( Berkley is the bottom bait)

Berkley makes an attraction gel and it smells identical to their lure. Best grab some before word gets out!

Grab some cheap plastic dunk your baits for  couple days and get the drop shot rig ready. I know these worms work, wacky or Niko.
I know it's not the real thing but you have a much better story if works too.

I hope it works for you all.

big bite baits smallie smasher :)

coldfront

Quote from: ohiobass on February 19, 2021, 12:03:08 PM
big bite baits smallie smasher :)

have some of those.
also have the berkley flatworms (bought a 'few' packages when they came back into stock in Dec/Jan).
will spend more time with the smallie smasher on drop shots this year.  but my FAVE is the flatworm on a berkley half-moon jig head.

guess why...

BassmanRudy

One note- don't mix any powerbait/maxscent worm with ANY other normal soft plastic!! They literally eat each other.

I do like the scent suggestion!! :-)

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

ohiobass

another is the Producto 4" Tournament Grub! 8).....just a heads up on them, they only measure a tad over 3-1/2".

BassmanRudy

Quote from: ohiobass on February 20, 2021, 08:50:12 AM
another is the Producto 4" Tournament Grub! 8).....just a heads up on them, they only measure a tad over 3-1/2".
Sounds like they measure like guys do for something else... roflmao!!

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Smallie_Stalker

Quote from: BassmanRudy on February 19, 2021, 09:37:27 PM
One note- don't mix any powerbait/maxscent worm with ANY other normal soft plastic!! They literally eat each other.

I do like the scent suggestion!! :-)

Thanks for that info. Rudy. I knew you couldn't mix the Gulp baits with others but didn't know about the regular Powerbait or MaxScent. I also know about not mixing any of the Elaz-Tech baits like the Z-Man or the 3X line from Strike King with others so everybody watch out for those if you weren't aware already.

Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire