Never had it Happen until this Week

Started by Rangerman, August 28, 2020, 06:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

60 plus years pulling a boat never had it happen.   ~b~ I broke a Bow Hook you know where you hook strap.  Loaded Tuesday and about a 1/2" section missing ~shade  Called my dealer to see if in stock, Oh yes we replace a few each year :( Sure as a first of me, lucky I had a big bow panel to remove and easy well semi-easy to replace once I got a replacement local.   I guess you live and learn.  Seen Bow Eye ripped out, but never broke. Very easy to replace with two people as I always do I did it alone.  One and 1.2 hours.  Hunting right MM sockets and std.  What a custer lo lo Oh well fixed and ready for more road trips and jerking more lips ~c~

TNDiver

Holy Cow!  Sounds like something that would happen to me!  Must have been some bad alloys mixed in.
There is nothing like sharing any moment outdoors with someone special!

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Rangerman

Most likely SS eye, SS will break, combined with ruff roads up north like Lake Saint Clair. 8) I do understand from my dealer they replace 5-6 eyes a year broke in the same way. No brand, Rangers, Tritons, Nitros and alot more..  Guess John L is using China SS lo lo If you own a bass boat stuff happens. ::)  A BOAT means  Bring Over Another Thousand and a deep hole into which money is poored lo lo  Stuff happens. :surrender: It just shocked me never had a broke bow eye in over 60 years

TNDiver

Was just back up in Michigan a couple weeks ago and forgot how bad the roads are.  Also forgot how bad it affects cars, with all the rust.  It was normal to see rusted cars all over.  Living in the south, you don't have to deal with the destruction from salting the roads and dealing with the temperature changes. 

UB Life Member: Starcraft Deck Boat with Minnkota Fortrex and Garmin Echomap Plus

Rangerman

Fishing is great but the road sure do blow.   lo The interstate shut down, off ramps closed you got to do some research before going to Saint Clair area for sure.  ~shade  Ding Dong sure you don't want to cut thru Motor City lo  I-75 and I-94 a real cluster.  Best use you Google Maps.  Remember you are in Blue City so be careful ;) lo lo No roads, police can not enforce laws.  Love my law enforcement but they are not allowed to do there jobs in Blue state.

Bud Kennedy

Boots, I have not heard you talking about your Ultrex motor.  How is that working out for you and was it helpful at St. Clair?

Rangerman

It is one of the best things I have ever used, the power steering is super. ;D Now as you know smallies run in packs. When you catch one I'll hit spot lock and hammer out as many as I can to I get em all lo When you using Ultrex with Humminbird when you spot lock it will record a way point. ~c~ On a few of our trips years back before Ultrex we used Kerrys boat because he had Telons to lock, but if out deeper the would slow you down some by hooking the grass but not hold you.  Son that Ultrex keeps you on the spot. It works hard and does a great job in high winds.  The real sweet thing is I used alot of my spot lock way point this June from the two years since installing the Ultrex.  Caught fish off most of them. In a drift in the wind, I about always blows on Saint Clair> lo and you catch one there is most likely something about that area and it locks way point.If the wind is not blowing it gets really tuff :shocking: Always want some wind and West is the best, East is the least lo and not too much. Now that's one of my Hot Buttons.

Now let me tell you about the Big Four stroke. ~c~ I love the sound at idle. This is the same Ranger Z520C with the same heavy load, full of fuel and check single and double with live wells full. The Mercury Four Stroke 250 bottom end and hole shot is greatly improved, mid range is much better. The Top End is about the same as the Two Stroke I traded.  Running same props a Fury 24-4 blade it carries the boat better in ruff water and climbs rollers better.  Now the 24-3 blade I have not test it on this motor yet because the Fury Four runs it so good.  Right many of the guys running the Fury 23 on the heavy Rangers and like em well. I may try one when I can, but the 24-4 runs in good and will turn up 6100-6150 light. Red line is 6200. When I hit the Lotto going to upgrade to the new Big Birds. I got twin 1199 with side and down bow and console. They do what i need em to do. Hard to believe newer ones are that much better. But they always improving stuff, always a newer and better one before you can bolt em on the boat lo

Now some of the guys use the remote to help at the landing.  If by you self the will back down unload and park next to the dock, put the trolling motor down and back it away from the dock and hit spot lock on the remote.  They go park the trailer walk back down to the dock and bring the boat back with the remote. Now thats slick ~c~ Me I don't have enough never to do that lo lo Also get the Cell Phone App to control the Ultrex.  All I can say it's great. 

TNDiver

Quote from: Rangerman on August 30, 2020, 07:00:31 PM
Fishing is great but the road sure do blow.   lo The interstate shut down, off ramps closed you got to do some research before going to Saint Clair area for sure.  ~shade  Ding Dong sure you don't want to cut thru Motor City lo  I-75 and I-94 a real cluster.  Best use you Google Maps.  Remember you are in Blue City so be careful ;) lo lo No roads, police can not enforce laws.  Love my law enforcement but they are not allowed to do there jobs in Blue state.

Was born and raised there for my first 22 years.  Lived in Port Huron area.  Spent 4 years up in the UP.  The worst pothole I ever hit was in Detroit area on 75.  I was shocked the front wheels were still attached after I hit that doing about 70! Between the potholes, living around dirt roads and the snow, you become an expert driver or you better have deep pockets for car repairs!

Rangerman

lo lo lo  I am not allowed to say anything against Blue States lo Or should not say anything.  Other than you get what you vote for.   Hoping to leave to head back to Lake Saint Clair MI end of month for some big fish.  Will report, renewed Boat US with trailer tow lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo lo

TNDiver

Its a weird state.  It has mostly Republican values (hunting/fishing and 2A), but then you throw in the union vote and it causes some internal conflicts for a lot of people there.  It is only blue because of the voting block in Detroit and Flint.  Huge populations, where as the rest of the state is mostly red.  I have been in the UP, mid Michigan and the thumb areas and it appears its mostly red.  But again, that union pull and the bigger cities turns it blue from time to time.  It is always a toss up state.  Don't mean to make this political, but it is an interesting state to study if you are interested in politics. 

Rangerman

No comment lo lo ~shhh Going to slip back to LSC end of the month with a buddy for some more of those hugh smallies ;D Going in his mess so no front end alignment will be needed on my mess again this year lo lo