13 Fishing Concept A ( finally got to use it)

Started by squirrel73, September 14, 2020, 01:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrel73

So I finally got a rod to pair up with my Concept A and I got to use it for the first time this past weekend. Wow!!! This has got to be one of the smoothest casting reels I've ever used.  My uncles pond is huge and typically I can cast about 1/4 of the way across it from the goose island. But this concept A cast almost 3/4 of the way across it with very little effort. I mean it was as like tossing it. I love the 8.1-1 gear ratio and it reels in super smooth. I used 40lb braid and about a 2.5ft leader. I use the FG knot for the leader and I never have any issues with the knot catching. I am super impressed with this reel and I'm so grateful to 13 Fishing for it. I'll cherish it til the day I die. So happy I finally got to use it. It's been killing me to see it and it not be on a rod yet lol. So I now have my own outfit. 1 down and many more to go. I have really been looking at the new Daiwa and Shimano reels and I will end up getting at least one spincast reel at some point. Can anyone tell me some really good spincast reels? I prefer baitcast but there are always times when a baitcast reel just wont so what you need to do.
I have also been checking out 13 Fishings ice fishing setups. Has anyone ever used any of the free fall reels? Ice fished?

~RC~

bro_drey

Is the A the white one with cork handles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squirrel73

No sir, that's the C. The A is the black with cork handles. Really low profile reel. Sleek. I love it.

~RC~

squirrel73

This is the reel on the rod I got. It's a Berkley rod. 7' med/fast action. Really enjoying it. I still can't believe hoe smooth this reel is. I heard mixed reviews on the reel, but my review is 5 stars. Iv only owned one other reel in my life that was this smooth and I think this one has that reel beat. It was a Daiwa Pro. That reel was my favorite for years and years. It got stolen out of the back of my truck. Someone opened my camper top and took every rod and reel I had. Hated it but couldn't do anything about it. That was when I stopped fishing for several years. Back in the game now though. Haha Love this reel.

~RC~

bro_drey

Have you ever thrown a Shimano?  I feel the same way about nearly every one of their reels I've used . I'm not a big 13 fishing fan but that is the beauty of fishing different floats for different boats brotha. That's the thing about baitcasters and why they are almost exclusively what I use so many different options on how to tune them you can configure them so uniquely it's like a brand new reel with a couple tweaks and tunes . So when I throw 13 fishing to my tunes specs ( low brakes low spook tension) I don't get the same result as you would throwing them to your specs .

squirrel73

Quote from: bro_drey on September 15, 2020, 11:48:47 AM
Have you ever thrown a Shimano?  I feel the same way about nearly every one of their reels I've used . I'm not a big 13 fishing fan but that is the beauty of fishing different floats for different boats brotha. That's the thing about baitcasters and why they are almost exclusively what I use so many different options on how to tune them you can configure them so uniquely it's like a brand new reel with a couple tweaks and tunes . So when I throw 13 fishing to my tunes specs ( low brakes low spook tension) I don't get the same result as you would throwing them to your specs .

I haven't, yet i have always wanted to try them. I actually have been eyeing some of their reels and if and when I can save or afford to get one I do believe I am going to try them. I spoke with a guy at a bait shop that sells them and he went on and on about how good they are and how he loves their customer care as well. All I use to use was Daiwa, and now all I have is this 13 fishing as they sent it to me for free. Like I said though, I think my next reel with be a shimano.

~RC~