A report?

Started by geneinnc, September 17, 2020, 04:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneinnc

Some might know but I went on total disability in 2004. I had 13th surgery in 10 years  and I'm in for 4 spinal epidurals per year, when I have the $300 co payment.

I thought yesterday was perfect, pre tropical storm and the lake being drawn down. Bad, wrong and not even close. I tied on a lipless search bait and it was skunk city during the prime feed.

Drop shot time. The little Rock bass were all over the Berkley flatworm. I think they advertise fish won't let go? I have to agree. I lost 2 of those impossible to get lures right away. It finally dawned on me the fish were fighting for the flatworm. I had 3 in one cast. One was hooked and the other two were trying to claim that smelly little and oh so expensive prize!

I had to give it up after 2 hours. My left arm is back to pretty much useless and that makes it tough on a power fisherman.

Water was down to 77°, so the fall bite should kick in soon. The water had a dusk tint, probably from the smoke advisory.

Give me a few days and I will try again. Doctor in the morning and epidural Tuesday. Hopefully. Forgive the crap report. My console HDS is giving me trouble so I couldn't even scout for some schools. Be safe!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Smallie_Stalker

I know you've had your share of health issues Gene, but I'm sorry to hear they are kicking up again.

You have been on the permanent prayer list for a while but I'll ask a few extras for you.
Dobyns Rods   Titan Tungsten   Abu Garcia  Berkley  Pflueger  Spiderwire

Mike Cork

Glad you got out for a bit. Always fun to have something yanking at the other end even if it's not the ten pounder we are all dreaming about.

Sorry to hear thing are working better for you. I do the epidurals and they are effective for a good bit. I only do 3 a year. It's time for another one, my hit just won't let up.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Rangerman

Got to agree the Berkley stuff they do hold on.  Good baits ~c~ Try their Hit Worms think you will like them as good if not better

geneinnc

Quote from: Rangerman on September 17, 2020, 07:37:28 PM
Got to agree the Berkley stuff they do hold on.  Good baits ~c~ Try their Hit Worms think you will like them as good if not better
I will. I have that plus General worm and some creature baits. I think the General fished wacky will be strong. I'm going to try them on the Ned and Tokyo rigs.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Rangerman

They do hold on to Max Scent bait, great when whooose fishing in the wind lo