Andong Lake, located in the central / eastern area of the country, GyeongBuk province.
- Water levels at a crazy high level and still rising, the main slope is inaccessible due to the high water levels.
- Water temps have dropped from 81* to the low 70's over the last few weeks.
- Water still has a bad green algae all over the surface
- General water clarity is very stained for this lake, from the heavy rains and typhoons we've had. Usually has 20 foot visibilty, now down to a couple of feet visibility.
- Air temps = Low 60's in the morning up to low 80's around midday
- Sunny/partly cloudy
I got out for 2 days as it was the Korean Thanksgiving holiday.
The pattern at Andong has been the same for the past several weeks with everyone catching large bass on 10XD crankbaits. The bass are suspending out in 20 - 26 FOW over long main lake points. I caught them this way also, as well as a few in flooded tree tops on a Rapala DT22.Click here for some photos.