Andong Lake, located in the central / eastern area of the country, GyeongBuk province.
- Water levels at a crazy high level and still rising, the main slope is now becoming accessible again due to the higher water levels. The slope is in levels and now the next level is deep enough to launch boats. This really helps with the weekend congestion.
- Water temps are dropping, but very slowly. Only dropped 1 or 2 degrees from a week ago.
- Water still has a bad green algae all over the surface, but is starting to clear up
- General water clarity is very stained for this lake, from the heavy rains and typhoons we've had. Usually has 20 foot visibilty, now down to a couple of feet visibility.
- Air temps = Mid 40's in the morning up to low 70's around midday
- Sunny/partly cloudy
I fished with my son and a buddy on Saturday and we caught several high quality bass on deep crankbaits again (10XDs and DT20's).
Fished with worms at a few spots, but only caught small bass with the worms. Reports from others was that they were catching bigger bass on worms.
On Sunday, it was just me and my son from 7am to midday. Again, caught a few on the deep cranks, but I also focused more on finding some bigger bass on worms, and at the last spot of the morning I got 3 in the 3lb range.Click here for some photos.