Korea bass fishing report - Andong Lake - 10th & 11th Oct 2020

Started by Bassinkorea, October 11, 2020, 09:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Andong Lake, located in the central / eastern area of the country, GyeongBuk province.

- Water levels at a crazy high level and still rising, the main slope is now becoming accessible again due to the higher water levels. The slope is in levels and now the next level is deep enough to launch boats. This really helps with the weekend congestion.
- Water temps are dropping, but very slowly. Only dropped 1 or 2 degrees from a week ago.
- Water still has a bad green algae all over the surface, but is starting to clear up
- General water clarity is very stained for this lake, from the heavy rains and typhoons we've had. Usually has 20 foot visibilty, now down to a couple of feet visibility.
- Air temps = Mid 40's in the morning up to low 70's around midday
- Sunny/partly cloudy

I fished with my son and a buddy on Saturday and we caught several high quality bass on deep crankbaits again (10XDs and DT20's).
Fished with worms at a few spots, but only caught small bass with the worms. Reports from others was that they were catching bigger bass on worms.

On Sunday, it was just me and my son from 7am to midday. Again, caught a few on the deep cranks, but I also focused more on finding some bigger bass on worms, and at the last spot of the morning I got 3 in the 3lb range.

Click here for some photos.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Donald Garner

Steve tks for sharing the trip and photos with us.  Glad you were able to have your son out on the water with you.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

Mike Cork

Definitely but an awesome fall fishery. Congrats on the catching ~c~ ~c~

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service