Bluff Creek

Started by fishingram24, November 04, 2020, 04:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishingram24

Launched the Xpress from Paige Bayou around 8:30 this morning to take a break from hurricane clean up and had a decent morning. Today was more of a quality rather than quantity kind of day for me. Caught 9 bass total with my 5 keepers going 10.4 pounds, good weight for me at least. Big fish of just over 3 and the rest were solid 2 pound fish with 4 on a zoom ultra vibe worm and 1 on a spinner. Clear skies all day with air temps 50 to 73 degrees, water temps 58-61 which is almost 15 degrees cooler than 10 days ago, tide was falling early but started to rise before noon and visibility 1-2' and the river stage is down to 12' from 18' 4 days ago. We had a 6' storm surge last week which piled a lot of dead invasive grass in the marsh and helped clear the bayous for a while. Great day to be out but its back to clean up tomorrow.
Retired and loving every minute of it!

Mike Cork

Great to hear you could take a break. Storm clean up sucks, can't imagine hurricane clean up.

Even better that you caught some fish ~c~ Thanks for the report.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Lee Smith

It always amazes me how there never is much media when Mississippi is hit, eve Katrina, where I lost it all, we got very little media, therefore less companies at the beginning for clean up.  Be safe out there!!  Great trip!
Builder of Custom Personal Bassin' Rods

Mike Cork

Quote from: Lee Smith on November 06, 2020, 11:07:26 AM
It always amazes me how there never is much media when Mississippi is hit, eve Katrina, where I lost it all, we got very little media, therefore less companies at the beginning for clean up.  Be safe out there!!  Great trip!

That happened to Louisiana this year, no major population centers like Houston taking a hit so the news was out when the wind died enough to let them drive out.

No media is a huge impact on the support for out of area companies to include the government.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

fishingram24

We were just the "land mass" between La. and Al. per Weather Channel after Kitrina. Work in the yard 3 to 4 hours each day, about all my back and knees can take and its looking better but still weeks of work left. Much luckier than many in that I had no damage to the house or my out buildings and most of the big trees are piled in the ditches awaiting pick up. Just 3 more large trees to cut up and tons of limbs but I got all winter. 
Retired and loving every minute of it!