Garmin Livescope

Started by Bassinkorea, November 24, 2020, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

One of these beauties is mine. Just arrived in Korea today, hoping I can get it installed this weekend.

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

BassmanRudy

Ooh ooh!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Mike Cork

Rot Roh... gonna be hard to keep up with you now :shocking:

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

coldfront

Pipepro

2017 Stratos 186 VLO 115 SHO

Princeton_Man

Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Donald Garner

Congrats on the new equipment.  Can't wait to see the install video and some on the water views.
Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

Thank you guys  8)

Quote from: Donald Garner on November 24, 2020, 04:31:25 PM
Congrats on the new equipment.  Can't wait to see the install video and some on the water views.

Same here Donald. I have been on a couple of boats that have this technology. It's amazing!

Bassinkorea

I got the new system installed in my boat on Saturday. It took me about 2 hours in total. I was taking my time and double checking each step before moving forward with the next step. Plus it was very cold outside where my boat is parked (didn't even reach 40f)  :blue

I have heard a lot of horror stories that mention the transducer cable is weak and damages really easily.

I had the GoPro running throughout the install, but I don't think the footage will be good enough to make into a proper video. We'll see after I check the footage.

I got on the water on Sunday just to see how it looks and works. It was a very cold and windy day, so I couldn't play around with it as much as I wanted, but I went to a spot where I have been catching a LOT of small bass that are schooling up on a deep main lake point. I was able to catch a few small ones using my 2D sonar (fishing vertically) as I did the week before, then I turned on the LiveScope and was able to see the fish moving around on the point and even follow my lure down as it fell to the bottom. Really awesome to see.
For sure, I was able to catch a few extra fish because of the LiveScope that I don't think I would have without it.

More playing to come over the coming weekends, hopefully will get better weather to actually play around with it.

Princeton_Man

I know it ain't right, but I'm jealous. LOL
Stratos 285 XL Pro 150 Evinrude ETEC

Dobyns Rods - LSCR Club

Bassinkorea

Don't be jealous, just get one  ~roflmao

FD

I know there are some who would say it's not really "fishing" if you have all the newest electronics.  They are entitled to their opinion.  I say it's awesome and I'm super happy with mine.

Congrats on the new toys BK.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

CPF Lures Pro Staff
CPFLures.com

Arti-FISH-ial Entertainment Guide Service
FDx Custom Rods                                   SwampCat Boat Works

geneinnc

I ordered my Garmin kit yesterday. Hopefully I can order the Ultrex next week.

Nutt

I will be ordering one for my boat in a week or two.  Thinking about replacing all of my electronics while Im at it, and will be adding power poles at the same time.   
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

Mike Cork

Quote from: Nutt on December 01, 2020, 09:07:02 AM
I will be ordering one for my boat in a week or two.  Thinking about replacing all of my electronics while Im at it, and will be adding power poles at the same time.

Don't wait too long, the 93sv is $400 off at BPS right now.

Cork's Reel Service

Nutt

Quote from: Mike Cork on December 01, 2020, 09:11:33 AM
Don't wait too long, the 93sv is $400 off at BPS right now.
I may miss out on the sale, but that is out of my control for now.  Not sure when the sale will end, but I wont be ready until at least the 10th.
Doctor says I should stay away from other people.

geneinnc

Guys I'm pretty sure the $1875 price is still valid. Thats the 93sv and the livescope kit.  If anyone wants me to find out shoot me a pm. I think the rebate expired at midnight but im not totally sure.

Mike is spot on about BPS.
93SV $600. Last I looked the livescope kit was $1500.

Bassinkorea

Quote from: FD on December 01, 2020, 07:10:28 AM
I know there are some who would say it's not really "fishing" if you have all the newest electronics.  They are entitled to their opinion.  I say it's awesome and I'm super happy with mine.

Congrats on the new toys BK.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

CPF Lures Pro Staff
CPFLures.com

I totally agree with you FD. If I don't keep up with the game then I'm falling behind. As a tournament angler I need to keep up with those that have the latest and greatest. The majority of Korean tournament anglers now have LiveScope and some even have LiveScope AND HB360   :surrender:

Bassinkorea

Gene, Nutt, congrats on almost having your new toys  ~c~

geneinnc

Guys the Garmin package sale is over. Sorry guys I tried.

Wayne P.

Quote from: Bassinkorea on December 01, 2020, 04:34:00 PM
I totally agree with you FD. If I don't keep up with the game then I'm falling behind. As a tournament angler I need to keep up with those that have the latest and greatest. The majority of Korean tournament anglers now have LiveScope and some even have LiveScope AND HB360   :surrender:

You are already falling behind with that Livescope. You will be replacing that with a Lowrance Active Target once you see the images it does.

Humminbird SOLIX 12 SI, SOLIX 12 SI G3, SOLIX 10 SI G3, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G3N, Helix 12 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 10 CHIRP DI+ GPS G3N, Helix 8 CHIRP SI+ GPS G4N, Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G3, MEGA 360, MEGA LIVE TL

geneinnc

No different than a computer, obsolete when you buy them.

Mike Cork

I heard Lowrance would be letting it go soon, but man I'm so done with Lowrance Customer Service.

Since the Garmins on the shelves here in Louisiana are on clearance I have to assume that Garmin is also updating their stuff. 

Cork's Reel Service

geneinnc

Thats why I bought the Garmin. Customer service is just impossible. I'm very disappointed at the fish reveal upgrade. It shows the same as sonar. I might sell both my Lowrance HDS 9 Units. I'll know when I have the Garmin beside the Lowrance. Me and Jacob Wheeler....one unit from every company!

Mike Cork

Well all the pros used to say that Lowrance had the best mapping, Hummingbird had the best structure scan with the 360, and of course garmin with the livescope. I'll bet Garmin's next product is over the top on all three...

I want what the Navy is using right now, that's where all this stuff comes from anyway ~roflmao

Cork's Reel Service