Fantasy Fishing 2021 - Official Thread

Started by fishballer06, January 09, 2021, 08:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishinBuck07

Maybe I am an idiot but if Cox is DQd why is he still fishing?  I would think he might like a couple days off to heal up the body and mind!😂

Mike Cork

I have not rhyme or reason to these picks other than I like Palaniuk and Paul is a Dobyns Boy.

Brandon Palaniuk
Caleb Kuphall
Jeff Gustafson
Paul Mueller
Destin DeMarion

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

Mike Cork

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on July 08, 2021, 08:03:20 AM
Maybe I am an idiot but if Cox is DQd why is he still fishing?  I would think he might like a couple days off to heal up the body and mind!😂

These guys are animals. I would imagine it's a process of staying in shape - mind and body

Cork's Reel Service

fishballer06

Quote from: FishinBuck07 on July 08, 2021, 08:03:20 AM
Maybe I am an idiot but if Cox is DQd why is he still fishing?  I would think he might like a couple days off to heal up the body and mind!
There's been some confusion. Cox is DQ'd from the St. Lawrence event, not Champlain.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

3rd place 2019 iBass - Cool Casters
2nd place 2019 iBass - Team Tournament

FishinBuck07

Yep there lies the confusion!😂😂😂. Thanks man!

Mike Cork

Sad to say this is my best start all year  ~b~

A   Brandon Palaniuk   23   228
B   Caleb Kuphall           51   170
C   Jeff Gustafson    8   268
D   Paul Mueller           30   213
E   Destin DeMarion   13   250

The weight are so close on this one, today is really going to separate the power...

Cork's Reel Service

Blacknredflake

Today is goin to make or break me.for sure

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

fishballer06

62, 51, 18, 30, 13.

Scott Martin with 16-11 and in 62nd place. A pound or two makes all the difference in the world out there this week. 17-11 currently would put you in 38th place. 

I wanted to take Feider in bucket A, but Martin has 3 FLW wins on this lake. Hopefully he can sack them up today.

Mike Cork

Two extra pounds today and the top couple drop two pounds and the whole board shakes up like dice.

Cork's Reel Service

FlatsNBay

That dang Scott Martin killed me! I slipped a little in the group. My only hope now is if Bhenke forgets to play next week!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

fishballer06

Martin, Mueller, and Shryock killed me. Martin taking 87th after having 3 FLW wins on this lake was unexpected. And Mueller and Shryock struggling whenever they're northern hammers is just a summary of how my season has gone.

Luckily Demarion and Pipkens have saved me. I'd really like to see the local boy win this thing. He lives about 40 minutes north of Zippy and I.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

fishballer06

Wow, what an event. I was busy all weekend and didn't get to watch the live, but I kept checking the live tracking. As much as I hate having these quick turn arounds, I won't complain about back to back weekends of live bass fishing. St. Lawrence kicks off Thursday. Get your picks in quickly boys. And remember, John Cox is DQ from this event. 

Our current top 5 is:

BHenke - 9753
Flatsnbay - 9294
Blacknredflake - 9281
kdubracing - 9175
twocold - 9166

fishballer06

Less than 24 hours to get picks in for the final event of the year. Lets go boys!

FlatsNBay

Hey Bhenke, you've got plenty of time to get your picks in. There's no rush. Take care of your business at home first!

BHenke

Quote from: FlatsNBay on July 14, 2021, 09:55:25 AM
Hey Bhenke, you've got plenty of time to get your picks in. There's no rush. Take care of your business at home first!

Don't worry I am good to go. These northern tournaments are far easier to pick so I think I should be ok. I am still kicking myself from some changes earlier in the year that very well may have had me in the top twenty or better in the overall standings.

fishballer06

Feider said he had a rough practice. I hope he performs well this weekend. 

Feider
Zaldain
Kuphall
Frazier
DeMarion

Blacknredflake

Cory johnston
Tako itu
Schmitt
Hartmann
Demarion

Heres to a fun season.

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

FlatsNBay

Congrats Bhenke! 71st in the country! A job well done!

Blacknredflake

Congrats!!   I finished 1200 something which is better than the 1800 something I was last night lol.

My goal was to get below rank 1500 for the year sp im happy.

Plus I won a nice SPF fishin shirt from Nuthreadz couple weeks back for having best points for the Classic tournament.

Cant wait for next year!

BITE THE DAMN WORM!

Bassinkorea

I finished in over 12,000th place   lo lo
Probably not all that bad for my first time playing. Looking forward to next year and hopefully improving.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

fishballer06

Well, another year of Fantasy Fishing has come and gone. I can't tell you guys how much I always look forward to talking with you guys leading up to events, during the events, and then recapping them afterward. This game really is a ton of fun I think for all members no matter how good or bad you may think your picks may be. 

For 2021, we had 27 members play along, 20 of whom played in every single event. I love that we have this many people playing along. For me personally, I think this was the worst season I have every had in fantasy (9,502 points, 75.0%) but I still had a blast regardless. 

Now for our 2021 Top 5 players: 

1st - BHenke - 10,909
2nd - Flatsnbay - 10,434
3rd - BlacknRedFlake - 10,383
4th - kdubracing - 10,151
5th - rbspots - 10,091

Congrats to BHenke for his season win! He managed to basically dominate all season and it possibly one of the highest placing members I've ever seen from the groups I run in this game.

Waiting until January for the 2022 season is going to be a long wait. Hopefully all of you return and we gain even more new players. 

Bassinkorea

Quote from: fishballer06 on July 19, 2021, 12:34:02 PM
Well, another year of Fantasy Fishing has come and gone.

Thanks for setting it up and running it for us bud  ~c~ ~c~
And congrats to BHenke for the bragging rights win   ~c~ ~c~ ~c~
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

fishballer06

Really wish we had a fall event to look forward to. January is so far away...  :(

Blacknredflake

Same!!!!!!!

BITE THE DAMN WORM!