I looked at an Eyra Yesterday....

Started by Polaris425, January 28, 2021, 07:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris425

I stopped by our local CAT dealer yesterday (Hideaway Harbor). They had posted on their FB/IG that a new 2021 Eyra had Arrived.... I couldn't help myself so I stopped by for a looksee. BEAUTIFUL boat. Wish I was in the position already to pull the trigger but, it's going to be another year or two... Maybe by then this one will be back for sale again used... lol.

Pro's/Con's

+I LOVED the front deck layout.
+Big step/cooler
+under seat storage
+Placement of tool holder & the stainless cup holders

There were a lot of other things I liked about this one, but a lot of them are generally there on all BCB models so, not specific to the Eyra.

-The rear storage comp's were TINY... mostly due to the triangle livewells which are very large. As someone who doesn't generally keep fish I'd rather have that space for storage for passenger gear.

That's really the only con.  That, and the fact I can't bring it home now.. lol.
I still havent had much time to dig around on a cougar or puma but, I think for now the Eyra is still at the top of my list.

Fishin' Alabama
Building Rods, & Snatchin' Lips.

BASSCATLILDAVE

That is one fine boat. Eyra was always my favorite.

Mike Cork

Gorgeous boat. I've always loved the way a Basscat looks and those colors are awesome.

Fishing is more than just a hobby

Dobyns Rods - Monster Fishing Tackle
Cork's Reel Service

BassCatBates

Eyra has always been my dream boat.... but I'm coming around to the layout of the Lynx. 

But for now my Sabre will have to suffice!  ;D
2009 MediaBass South Arkansas Division Angler of the Year.

Union County Bass Club.

Elwood

I am on my second Eyra and they are a do all boat and it does the speed thing very well.  I am not sure which model I will get next but the Puma/Couger layout for tournaments is hard to beat.  Still not sure I want the wide body yet.  They are growing on me......lol  I really do not think that you can go wrong with any BCB product. 

If you do decide to go with the Lynx you should seriously consider putting a 300 on the back.  They perform much better with the extra ponies back there.
Elwood
Bass Cat Boats Moderator / Dobyns Rods Pro Staff
2020 Bass Cat Eyra 2020 Mercury 300R 4S