Korea bass fishing report - Andong Lake - 27th & 28th Feb 2021

Started by Bassinkorea, February 28, 2021, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassinkorea

Andong Lake, located in the central / eastern area of the country, GyeongBuk province.

- Water levels are still dropping (153 meters - 4 meters below full pool)
- Water temps are cold and stable, same as two weeks previously
- Water clarity - 10 FOW
- Air temps = Saturday = 45*f all day long. Sunday = Low 30's in the morning up to low 50's around midday
- Cloudy Saturday with 10mph wind and gusts, and sunny with no winds on Sunday

There was at least 10 boats on the water on Saturday and from what I heard, not a single bass was caught by anyone.
Sunday had even more boats on the water and I heard of just 3 bass being caught, including the one I caught.
I caught mine in a small cove off the main lake on an A-rig slow reeling near the bottom in about 25 FOW after I spotted a school of about 6 big bass on my LiveScope, but I could only get one of them to play.

Click for photos
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)

BassmanRudy

How are you liking the livescope so far?!?! I remember reading in one of your posts that a lot of anglers over there are using it now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

"Rudy"
I use Mister Twister Baits!
www.mistertwister.com

Donald Garner

Belton Texas part of God's Country
Stratos 285 Pro XL Yamaha 150 VMax; Lowrance Hook 7 Electronics; Minn Kota Foretrex Trolling Motor

G3 1548 Alwed Jon boat Yamaha 25hp outboard 

Bassinkorea

Quote from: BassmanRudy on March 01, 2021, 06:49:24 PM
How are you liking the livescope so far?!?! I remember reading in one of your posts that a lot of anglers over there are using it now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It has it's moments. Like a lot of people on Youtube have mentioned, you can get tunnel vision when using it and you can certainly waste a lot of time just staring at the LS screen without catching any fish. The longer you go without catching a fish the more you keep trying. You still need to use your traditional 2D sonar with it's wider beam along side of LS to find the fish, but once you find some fish the LS really allows you to pinpoint their exact location.
2020 IBASS Gold - Zone 2 - AOY
2020 IBASS Classic - Winner
2020 IBASS Team Tourney - Winner (with FD)